Anyone from Wybourn?

i lived on southend road in the 80s and i went to manor lodge school any one know any one from the wybourn estate

why would anyone admit to living on the wybourne, the manor. and arbourthone, and pitsmoor I lived on pitsmoor many decades age it was ok then no trouble or bother and no shootings or stabbings then my mum and me would often go on spital hill to the shops, there were some really big houses up there on burngreave road with only one family then unlike today all mde into flats times move on x

why would anyone admit to living on the wybourne, the manor. and arbourthone, and pitsmoor I lived on pitsmoor many decades age it was ok then no trouble or bother and no shootings or stabbings then my mum and me would often go on spital hill to the shops, there were some really big houses up there on burngreave road with only one family then unlike today all mde into flats times move on x

i merrily admit to livin on wybourn :)

left wybourn school 1955 my name was jean bellamy,loved the wybourn in those days.class mates i remember most, rita gillott, gloria briggs,val tivey ,june dancer, esme walton, val wasnidge,sister of john wasnidge,eric wasnidge. I remember Mr & Mrs wasnidge,they lived on Maltravers Crescent.Sadly Val passed away quite recently. Will always remember my days on the wybourn with affection.

Any body remember cath Mahoney she lived on maltravers crescent in the early 70s

Yes I lived on wybourn most of family still do.still have happy memories of wybourn school.left school in 1970,at fifteen then in to steel works firth Browns.

---------- Post added 07-10-2014 at 14:41 ----------

anybody remember me pop went to school with Dave Shaw Steve cammack who played for united.we had a great team back in 1967.

Hi there Allthegearno,

Any members of your family called Harry.

When I played football for the Cricket Inn, Harry Savage was the Manager / Coach, what a great guy.

Some of the players were: Dick Hughes, Paddy Duddy, Joe Betts, Johnny Roper, Keith Murfin, Pete Smith, Barry Reynolds, Brian Balwin, John & Mick Armstrong, Graham Symcox, and me ( Mick Lister )

Anyone know where these guys are now.

I'm talking 1964 - 1968

Mick

Joe is my cousin though a bit older than me,knew Lainey though must admit a long time since I last saw her.

left wybourn school 1955 my name was jean bellamy,loved the wybourn in those days.class mates i remember most, rita gillott, gloria briggs,val tivey ,june dancer, esme walton, val wasnidge,sister of john wasnidge,eric wasnidge. I remember Mr & Mrs wasnidge,they lived on Maltravers Crescent.Sadly Val passed away quite recently. Will always remember my days on the wybourn with affection.

Hi jean Bellamy I rember your name and most of the others i left school 1959 then left maltravers cres 1965 and now live austrlia brisbane qld. Since 1981. I rember most of my school mates stu ashmore tery batty g warrior Craig Holmes to many to mention

Hi jean Bellamy I rember your name and most of the others i left school 1959 then left maltravers cres 1965 and now live austrlia brisbane qld. Since 1981. I rember most of my school mates stu ashmore tery batty g warrior Craig Holmes to many to mention

hello you must be Vals brother John,I remember hher telling me you had goneo aussie.I remember your brother Eric your mum Agnes and dad John I think& Val and I kept in touch for many years until she unfortunately passed away.When she was married to Ray we would go out in a foursome happy days. She used to love taking my eldest son out in his pram before she had her own daughters.you must have made a good life for yourself in australia,otherwise you would Have come back.Nice for a lad from Wybourn to have made a good life for himself. My wybourn days were good,dont think I would go back though you cannot recreate the passed Best wishes to you and yours. Jean

hello you must be Vals brother John,I remember hher telling me you had goneo aussie.I remember your brother Eric your mum Agnes and dad John I think& Val and I kept in touch for many years until she unfortunately passed away.When she was married to Ray we would go out in a foursome happy days. She used to love taking my eldest son out in his pram before she had her own daughters.you must have made a good life for yourself in australia,otherwise you would Have come back.Nice for a lad from Wybourn to have made a good life for himself. My wybourn days were good,dont think I would go back though you cannot recreate the passed Best wishes to you and yours. Jean

hiya. anyone knew billy Murdock, his mum was lizzie, she was my grandma's sister my gradmas name was clara.

also did anybody know ted lister, his mum was Nellie, his dad was bill.

Edited by willybite

born on maltrav rd 1947 moved to aroplane when we were 8 lived between prossis &thorpes went to wybourn school left in 63 we where twins loved every minute playing in the ruins football & cricket on piggys feild cut me into im like a stick a rock wybourn all way through

born on maltrav rd 1947 moved to aroplane when we were 8 lived between prossis &thorpes went to wybourn school left in 63 we where twins loved every minute playing in the ruins football & cricket on piggys feild cut me into im like a stick a rock wybourn all way through

Do you recall the Lucas family, (Mick, Pete and Robert.) or the Shaw's (Ruben and Eddie,) ?

I left wybourn school in 1955 so I dont recal any of those names left wybourn 1959.I lived next but one down from gennel that went over to Manor Lane. I had one sister called christiine our surname was bellamy. my wybourn days were brilliant. Some names I remember were Rita Gillott. Gloria Briggs,June Dancer, and Val Tivey.

I also went sledging down the aero, Happy Days.