Can't go back to watch previous YouTube vid?

Hi all.

Not sure what's recently happened but everytime I want to go back to watching the last vid, I end going onto my main home page.

There were no issues not too long ago. I've updated the app but I doubt if that's the cause.

Is there any way I can go back to the last vid without having to go into my history?

Thanks.

Is your device perhaps closing down the YouTube app? I think it only goes back to what you were doing previously if its remained open in RAM in the meantime.

Using a high RAM game/application will trigger the OS to close down anything in the background you aren't using.

What exactly do you mean? if you open the YT app, watch a video, then close it, come back to it, it will open back to the first page...

if you're watching a video, and it's small in the corner while you find another, then you click on a new one, pressing the back button should take you back to the SEARCH/History, and not the last video you were on..

it will only do that if you click it from a 'suggested' link, then press back....

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my OP

What I mean is, if I watch one vid, then choose another from the right-hand side, where new and recommended ones are, then decide to go back to the first vid, I end up going on my YouTube homepage.

The 2nd vid will be minimised but I'll have a bunch of new and old ones on the homepage.

It's like you watching about 4 or 5 vids consecutively and then if you wanted to go back to the 1st one, you'd normally press the back button a few times until you got to that particular vid. What's happening at the moment is what's described above.

Hope that's made it slightly clearer.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my OP

What I mean is, if I watch one vid, then choose another from the right-hand side, where new and recommended ones are, then decide to go back to the first vid, I end up going on my YouTube homepage.

The 2nd vid will be minimised but I'll have a bunch of new and old ones on the homepage.

It's like you watching about 4 or 5 vids consecutively and then if you wanted to go back to the 1st one, you'd normally press the back button a few times until you got to that particular vid. What's happening at the moment is what's described above.

Hope that's made it slightly clearer.

Yeah, you have to maximize the video from the corner again, then go back from there - as if you go to a video via a suggestion, you cannot go back to the previous video without loosing the one you're currently looking at... unless i'm still confusing things :)

A bit of an update. I just went back to the factory version of YouTube and the problem's resolved itself.

I'm going to think twice about updating that particular app in the future. Causes more problems than it solves.

EDIT: I thought I'd update the app again and for some odd reason, that's also fixed the issue.

Edited by TyneSoft