Can't seem to return parcel at sender's expense?

Hi all.

Received something from ebay and I'm trying to return a parcel back to the seller. He said to cross out my name and address, and then to put his details in that place, saying 'return to sender'.

Done that, took it to post office, and they said they need a pre-paid return label on it. I said seller's willing to pay for returns postage and he said sorry, it's not going to go anywhere.

Is that right?

Thanks.

Hi all.

Received something from ebay and I'm trying to return a parcel back to the seller. He said to cross out my name and address, and then to put his details in that place, saying 'return to sender'.

Done that, took it to post office, and they said they need a pre-paid return label on it. I said seller's willing to pay for returns postage and he said sorry, it's not going to go anywhere.

Is that right?

Thanks.

What the seller suggested is illegal. Speak to eBay and get the seller/ebay to send you a prepaid return label to send the parcel back to the seller at his own expence

We recently bought something that wasn't right for us after contacting the sellers we were told to get someone to return it to them at our expense. It will cost £40 to do this.

Thanks guys. I've sent the seller a message stating what happened, and if there's any issues re. the returns, I'll get in touch with eBay.

Thanks guys. I've sent the seller a message stating what happened, and if there's any issues re. the returns, I'll get in touch with eBay.

What's the sellers return policy? You might need to pay for postage.

If the item is damaged or not as described, Ebay will provide a return postage label.

If you just changed your mind then you will have to pay postage.

Do not just "return to sender" without any proof. The seller could claim it never arrived and you're out of pocket.

What's the sellers return policy? You might need to pay for postage.

He says as long as you return the item with the original packaging, then it'll be free.

---------- Post added 18-05-2018 at 18:17 ----------

If the item is damaged or not as described, Ebay will provide a return postage label.

If you just changed your mind then you will have to pay postage.

Do not just "return to sender" without any proof. The seller could claim it never arrived and you're out of pocket.

Very true. I was just going to put it through the pillar box, but then thought twice about it.

Ring EBay customer support on 0345 355 3229. Also, before this, go on to your purchase section, then on the item you want to return, press the button for "More Options",then "Return the item", button.

Ring EBay customer support on 0345 355 3229. Also, before this, go on to your purchase section, then on the item you want to return, press the button for "More Options",then "Return the item", button.

Thanks for the info, Poppet.

---------- Post added 19-05-2018 at 20:12 ----------

Seller responded by saying I have to pay for returns postage; that I should have read the description before purchasing the item.

The thing is, I certainly did. Basically the item is a case cover for a Lenovo Tab 4 10. That's exactly what he's advertised it as. When I got the item, I found it impossible to put the tablet in it. In short, the case was too small.

He responded by saying it's a universal case and that the tablet should fit. Obviously it's not really rocket science to see that *that* wasn't the case (no pun intended).

I'm just waiting for another message from him and then I'll pass everything onto eBay. I've already started to get in touch with them and they said they'll step in after a few days if there's no joy.

Upload plenty of photos to Ebay to show it doesn't fit and you'll be fine.