Cheapest Nights out in Sheffield

In certain pubs just ask for a free sample ("taster") of each (expensive)beer then after half a dozen of these decide you'd rather have a glass of water or even 'cooking' beer/lager. Job done.

Cheapest night would be one following the style of the freeloaders.

On a busy West Street Friday or Saturday, just cruise in, spot an unattended drink, neck it and cruise out again.

Oi, keep your handy tips to yourself, if everybody starts doing that, there"ll be now"t left for me to sup. :rant:

Brown Bear - £2 a pint for Sam Smiths Old Brewery Bitter

Shakespeares - £2.50 for Stancill Barnsley bitter

Both atmospheric traditional pubs...then onto...oooh...

One of the awful city centre Wetherspoons - I'd probably favour the Benjamin Huntsman over the Bankers Draft - yikes that place is depressing - but this is the cheapest nights out topic, and you can still get beer in spoons for £1.99 a pint/can/bottle. Sometimes they flog craft beer under 'Managers Special' for £1.49 - keep an eye out!

But yeah, one of the good things about Sheffield is being able to still have a full night out on £15-£20.

My average for a weekend out is £150ish lol. Probably the same in every UK town though. Might aswell get a cheap flight abroad.

Is there such a thing as a cheap night out in Sheffield anymore? Haha ? I took my girlfriend out the other week and went through a few hundred quid easily ? although it was quite expensive we found a new good bar ! Kuckoo !! And had a really good time

Please tell me where you folks go drinking/eating as I need to avoid such places. I'd be crying if I spent "a few hundred quid" on a night out.