The Queens Birthday concert.

Well I bet she loved the dross what was served up last night.

I would need to be paid to see a show such as this, and it’s possible that Liz wasn’t particularly enamoured by the selection either.

However, it’s all too easy to dismiss as “dross”, stuff we don’t like personally. The South African choral group, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, for example, whilst not my particular cup of tea, were formed nearly sixty years ago, have won many international awards, and are certainly not “dross”.

In this "birthday concert" (coinciding with a certain Heads of Government meeting), they also represented one of the five regions of the Commonwealth (Africa); as did the Dhol Foundation (Asia); Shaggy, Shawn Mendez (Caribbean and the Americas); Tom Jones et al (Europe); Kylie(Pacific).

Edited by horribleblob

In my opinion it was dross,there was not one on there who I would have gone out of my way to watch,that's my opinion bit of course many like them or they would not have made a living out of it.

Actually, she rather likes George Formby. Her top ten.

They should never have given Ed Balls a centre stage with a uke that he has only been playing for less than 3 weeks when some of those behind him are fantastic players and have been playing for years. Same old story it's not what you know it's who you know but I'm sure the Queen must have enjoyed it even though it didn't look that way.

As far as some of the other entertainment how can they expect a 92 year old to enjoy such crap? I think the organisers were just pleasing themselves and didn't take into consideration her age.

I fast forwarded most of it and watched it in ten minutes. The line up was awful, how on earth they thought that would entertain a 92 year old woman I've no idea.

I wonder if the Duke Of Edinburgh saw the line up beforehand and threw himself down the stairs in order to get a new hip and escape the horror.

I fast forwarded most of it and watched it in ten minutes. The line up was awful, how on earth they thought that would entertain a 92 year old woman I've no idea.

I wonder if the Duke Of Edinburgh saw the line up beforehand and threw himself down the stairs in order to get a new hip and escape the horror.

It seems The Daily Mail is in agreement with us. Today it writes “ Dear God, what did her Majesty do to deserve this .? :gag:

It seems The Daily Mail is in agreement with us. Today it writes “ Dear God, what did her Majesty do to deserve this .? :gag:

Apparently there is some people who rate the so called entertainers,how standards have dropped.

Its not supposed to. Its not about entertaining her directly.

Its exactly the same with every single Royal Variety, Gala Concert, Garden Party, State Banquet and Opening Ceremony. They select guests/performers/artists who suit the narrative, draw the biggest viewers, are on trend and who more importantly are available and within budget. You dont think she is actually picking all these people out do you?

Its not the queen's private entertainment. Its about the bigger picture of marking the occasion.