Sir Nick Clegg - Gravy Train.

As Andrew Neil would say, who would have thunked it.

Sir Nick has been given a free ticket for the gravy train. It's a bit rich for a bloke who singlehandedly almost wiped his Party out.

Seems he can now claim up to £115,000 in expenses. Not bad for a Failed Party Leader. :huh:

I thought we had stopped rewarding failure.

Angel1.

Sir Nick has been given a free ticket for the gravy train. It's a bit rich for a bloke who singlehandedly almost wiped his Party out.

Seems he can now claim up to £115,000 in expenses. Not bad for a Failed Party Leader. :huh:

Angel1.

the failure of Corillion says otherwise

Sir Nick has been given a free ticket for the gravy train. It's a bit rich for a bloke who single-handedly almost wiped his Party out.

Angel1.

That is just the usual report that I would expect. Nick Clegg was second in command, but criticising the Liberal Democrats is always a good story.

You disagree with his politics, seems to be your gripe.

Will the press be reporting on Cameron and Mays £115,000 in expenses? Does it mean May should not be allowed to claim, because she is useless and may not serve a full term.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nick-clegg-claims-annual-expenses-allowance-deputy-prime-minister-liberal-democrats-public-duty-cost-a8158781.html

Angel1.

I think the huge pay off for Richard Howson, CEO of collapsed company Carillion, proves that reward for failure is very much alive and well in Britain.

From that article:

A spokesman for Sir Nick said: “The money he receives is spent entirely in line with its stipulated purpose – to provide administrative and operational support to a former deputy prime minister.

“Not a penny goes to Sir Nick personally.”

Doesn't sound like much of a gravy train to me.

Libs are done for. Like UKIP, unless they elect Raheem Kassam as leader when the latest failure skulks off into obscurity...

Not that I would support Raheem in the polls. He would be the British Donald Trump though and would muster some support. I reckon 18%.

I would like the Libs to join the right wing labour MPs, the left wing Tories and form a new party. Its time for a shake up...

From that article:

Doesn't sound like much of a gravy train to me.

really you believe that?

Libs are done for..

You stick with the main parties, they got us into this mess.

Libs are done for.

I would like the Libs to join the right wing labour MPs, the left wing Tories and form a new party. Its time for a shake up...

Or the other way round. Its time for the moderate Labour supporters who are against Momentum to join the Lib Dems. After all, they already have an established party.

"Sir Nick Clegg, the former Deputy Prime Minister, has reportedly claimed almost £115,000 from an expenses allowance previously only granted to former Prime Ministers.

The former leader of the Liberal Democrats was given access to the public duty cost allowance after the 2015 general election.

The allowance provides for the office and secretarial costs for former premiers.

Not a penny goes to Sir Nick personally.”

Angel1.

You stick with the main parties, they got us into this mess.

That proves my point. You don't even see them as a main party.

---------- Post added 17-01-2018 at 14:57 ----------

Or the other way round. Its time for the moderate Labour supporters who are against Momentum to join the Lib Dems. After all, they already have an established party.

I agree and have said the same somewhere else.

That proves my point. You don't even see them as a main party.

Back in 2010/15 you could quite rightly use the phrase 'the three main parties', but people might no longer know which was the third party.

They are still the third party, but a lot smaller.