Half Term Report

This was my prediction in August:

With the new season now only days away and most of the dull pre-season games out of the way, whats your forecast for your team this time around:

Sheffield Wednesday - Our biggest problem is recruitment, top heavy in some departments, light in others. We are defensive cover, a midfield general and a pacey winger away from being real contenders, the transfer window is still open so will these positions be filled - who knows.

My prediction - Top 6 but not top 2.

Sheffield united - I fully expect united to carry on the momentum from last season and get off to a good start, the Championship is a real slog with hardly an easy game, the test will come if they get injuries or lose a few and confidence is hit, I'd be slightly worried about where the goals will come from if I was a supporter.

My prediction - A decent mid-table finish.

I was out with the Owls but did mention recruitment as a factor and I'm still not sure that problem has been addressed, let see what the new man can do and start building for next season - final position 12th

I wasn't far wrong with united and feel they may find the second half of the season tougher now that they have lost the element of surprise - final position 10th.

so basically Wednesday top six if not top two, and actually 16th. United mid table but currently 6th. And you’re congratulating yourself on your punditry ? :loopy:

Have to ask, Nuhui, or whatever he’s called, he is a professional footballer ?

Carlos did a good job with that lad :D

so basically Wednesday top six if not top two, and actually 16th. United mid table but currently 6th. And you’re congratulating yourself on your punditry ? :loopy:

Carlos did a good job with that lad :D

Can you actually read, it says nothing like that.

It was actually a forecast for the end of the season not the middle, it’s hard work sometimes :help:

NO hes a professional Dave...hope this helps

TBH, completley opposite to what i expected at the start of the season, I thought the Blades would be struggling and the Owls up there in the autos, I had us down for a hammering in the derbies and our strikeforce of Clarke and Sharpe not being able to score, how wrong can you be. Fair play, we may have over achieved when it comes to the end of the season, but mid table would be fantastic, and no offence to the Owls fans, as long as we finish above our local rivals, that'll do me....

TBH, completley opposite to what i expected at the start of the season, I thought the Blades would be struggling and the Owls up there in the autos, I had us down for a hammering in the derbies and our strikeforce of Clarke and Sharpe not being able to score, how wrong can you be. Fair play, we may have over achieved when it comes to the end of the season, but mid table would be fantastic, and no offence to the Owls fans, as long as we finish above our local rivals, that'll do me....

mutter mutter mutter

mutter mutter mutter

Shurrup you...:hihi::hihi::hihi:

We all know your praying for you beloved owls to climb the table:D

Blades are doing as I expected, owls not so much. I thought we'd have enough for a solid playoff push but so far not so

We all know your praying for you beloved owls to climb the table:D

Blades are doing as I expected, owls not so much. I thought we'd have enough for a solid playoff push but so far not so

You shurrup too...:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Think I said top half of the table for us and top 8 for Owls. Totally wrong of course, we briefly sat in top spot and Owls are only a couple of bad results from the drop zone.

Celebrating a 0-0 draw like it was the FA cup final tells you all you need to know.

The good thing is the new manager looks like little Ronnie Corbett, circa mid 80's, and I love the Two Ronnies, so his little face brings a smile to mine!

Think I said top half of the table for us and top 8 for Owls. Totally wrong of course, we briefly sat in top spot and Owls are only a couple of bad results from the drop zone.

Celebrating a 0-0 draw like it was the FA cup final tells you all you need to know.

The good thing is the new manager looks like little Ronnie Corbett, circa mid 80's, and I love the Two Ronnies, so his little face brings a smile to mine!

It tells you that they are starting to think we are a force .Any body who said we would be in 6th place come Jan at the start of the season would I thought want looking at .More than happy .I would have thought in the bottom half would have been more like it and I would have been happy with that.