Bradfield Road pothole

As this been reported

Option 1 2 1

Can I sue the council?

My car is currently at the garage having drove over this yesterday morning.

My nearside suspension spring has broke away.

Not a pleasant drive to my mechanic.

No doubt as soon as I start proceedings they will fill it in.

You usually have to show they've not taken action to fill it in a couple of weeks after notification.

Fix my street shows one report on the 31st

Outside Wilco, by the pedestrian crossing. Large >1 ft diameter and down through several layers of road surface. Full of water spalshing pedestrians

Also another, which may not be the same one from the 12th Dec

Hillsborough Corner junction riddled with potholes in the tram concrete
Edited by geared

Err no .They'll leave it open so other drivers can damage there cars too so don`t bother ringing them and giving them the opportunity to repair it like probably other drivers have probably done before you hit it. :)

By the way they will tell you they are not liable for damage to your car unless it was reported to them prior to your accident and they didn't attend within a certain time ,if it hasnt been reported previously and if they can ,and believe may they can ,prove they've got a regular inspection regime and the pothole wasn't there the last time they inspected they are in the eyes of the law not negligible .

Err no .They'll leave it open so other drivers can damage there cars too so don`t bother ringing them and giving them the opportunity to repair it like probably other drivers have probably done before you hit it. :)

By the way they will tell you they are not liable for damage to your car unless it was reported to them prior to your accident and they didn't attend within a certain time ,if it hasnt been reported previously and if they can ,and believe may they can ,prove they've got a regular inspection regime and the pothole wasn't there the last time they inspected they are in the eyes of the law not negligible .

It was filled in shortly after the opening o/p post, two days later it was back again, so it may need to be reported again, clearly it was a rubbish repair in the first instance.

It was still there today. I managed to safety avoid it but only because I noticed the car in front go into it. Ouch. It was also full of rain water and splashing pedestrians. I have reported it.

Digit missing off the telephone number should read 0114 2734567

I went through this yesterday, didn't see it. Felt it though! (glad it's not my vehicle)

The pot hole has now made it onto Sheffield online on Facebook with a video! It is now Sheffield’s largest! Watch your suspension folks.

Edited by fabgirl