Villa v blades 5.30

Well where do we start with this game villa seem to be staring to play better and slowly creeping up the league as expected by all , blades in a hole as Chris Wilder says ,over our last 5 games only one point says it all would love to see blades get a result or a draw ,but realistically I see nothing at all we will be lucky

To come away with nothing,on tv as well makes it worse hope I’m wrong!!

Villa will be favourites. They seem to be in better form than Utd but do seem to have had trouble scoring recently. Also, at some point I expect Wilder to turn things around. Will it be here?

Anybody know the last time we won there?

I would start when dinosaurs ruled the earth and work up.

Didnt we beat them a couple of years ago? In the FA cup I think.

Edit after checking... it was January 2014, we beat them 1-2.

Edited by nikki-red

Didnt we beat them a couple of years ago? In the FA cup I think.

Yes,I forgot about that cup game,what about the league?

As far as I can see it was...

29 Jan 1966 - Aston Villa v Sheffield United 0-2 League Division One

Think it was 1966 united won 2-0 so not that long ago:D:D:D

Uniteds direct style has been rumbled, Villa in decent form.

3-0.

Villa are struggling at the moment,but Bruce will be rubbing his hands at the chance of meeting the right team at the right time.

They will dominate the midfield and get the possession they need to get balls into the box to force the mistakes.We are on the ropes and taking punches,but the ref isn't going to stop it,so sooner or later we will have to come out swinging.

From seeing a very ordinary Wolves team win their last game,that cost millions and we still beat,is encouraging and puts things into context.

Cut out the mistakes and sharpen up the passing,get back to the high tempo pressing game that other teams couldn't handle,and we get the show back on the road,exactly when it will be is not clear,it won't be against Villa,but it will come.

Villa are struggling at the moment,but Bruce will be rubbing his hands at the chance of meeting the right team at the right time.

They will dominate the midfield and get the possession they need to get balls into the box to force the mistakes.We are on the ropes and taking punches,but the ref isn't going to stop it,so sooner or later we will have to come out swinging.

From seeing a very ordinary Wolves team win their last game,that cost millions and we still beat,is encouraging and puts things into context.

Cut out the mistakes and sharpen up the passing,get back to the high tempo pressing game that other teams couldn't handle,and we get the show back on the road,exactly when it will be is not clear,it won't be against Villa,but it will come.

I'll just edit for you - From seeing a Wolves team that are running away with the Championship made to look ordinary by a patched up Owls side win their last game, that cost millions and we still beat before teams sussed us out and they had a man sent off, is encouraging and puts things into context.

Uniteds direct style has been rumbled, Villa in decent form.

3-0.

You've pushed this direct nonsense before, trying to make out we play hoof. You know for the most part that's cobblers so stop baiting.

I'll just edit for you - From seeing a Wolves team that are running away with the Championship made to look ordinary by a patched up Owls side win their last game, that cost millions and we still beat before teams sussed us out and they had a man sent off, is encouraging and puts things into context.

No need to edit,it was the same Wolves team that looked ordinary at Birmingham,and couldn't score against Sunderland,and it still cost millions,and we still beat them with the core of a L1 team,Leon Clarke got 2 on his way to going welllllllllllll past 10 goals for the season,and the football we played resulted in Conor Coady having to break the rule of football to stop us.