Roberts of Sheffield

I am researching my family history and know of the Roberts store in Sheffield. Can anyone tell me the names of those who owned the store, also any history about it.

Many thanks indeed:)

I have been searching and found a John Arnold Roberts born 1877 died 1965. His brother Charles 1871 was the other partner. The mother was called Mary Ellen and they lived 35 Kenwood Park Road, Sheffield. There appears to be several children. Amelia, Maud, Florence, Edith, Elsie and Percival - maybe others - I took this from the 1901 census.

Charles died 11 July 1939 and it states joint managing director

Edited by smary

I think it was John and Charles father John with his brother than started the business

Thank you for giving me a couple of names to look up on my family tree.

sas3105 - sent you a pm

I can tell you that one of the Roberts family, a lady, moved to White Rock, British Columbia, Canada, late 60s. Don't know her name though.

Hello, I am the granddaughter of Maud Roberts and would welcome any information of surviving relatives. Thank you.

I am researching my family history and know of the Roberts store in Sheffield. Can anyone tell me the names of those who owned the store, also any history about it.

Many thanks indeed:)

Hi, I used to live on Kent Roed, Heeley. Sheffield and my friend Nevel Roberts, he lived at +-79 Kent Road, if that is any good to you. I'm ancient and he could be dead by now, and that row of 2 up and 2 down has been knocked down, and replaced by a grass patch. Time marches on I'm afraid.

Hi, I used to live on Kent Roed, Heeley. Sheffield and my friend Nevel Roberts, he lived at +-79 Kent Road, if that is any good to you. I'm ancient and he could be dead by now, and that row of 2 up and 2 down has been knocked down, and replaced by a grass patch. Time marches on I'm afraid.

Kent Road with the "old gassie" at the bottom where the little bridge went over the river?

Regards,

Duffems

Yes, I walked that bridge every day to Carfield School and back.

Now I read that the river has been piped, and the road goes straight across now. No "Gassi" any more or bridge. Thank heaven we few can still live in the passed.

Thank you for getting in touch. Will reply shortly when husband is back. Am really thrilled.