Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

I know that you're all bursting to know what they are, so here are the 31 genders that can win you a $25k fine if you get it wrong in NYC.

Bi-gendered

Cross-dresser

Drag King

Drag Queen

Femme Queen

Female-to-Male

FTM

Gender Bender

Genderqueer

Male-to-Female

MTF

Non-Op

HIJRA

Pangender

Transexual/Transsexual

Trans Person

Woman

Man

Butch

Two-Spirit

Trans

Agender

Third Sex

Gender Fluid

Non-Binary Transgender

Androgyne

Gender Gifted

Gender Blender

Femme

Person of Transgender Experience

Androgynous

Learn the list, it's coming.

There are still only two sexes though, male and female.

so that list basically includes various names for transgender people? OO

so that list basically includes various names for transgender people? OO

I believe that it is more complicated than that but there are only 2 sex equivalents on that list - male / man and female / woman.

If somebody wishes to be called a butch instead of a woman then personally I think they have a screw loose and should be sat down and given a good talking to, but it takes all sorts and I have no objection to somebody having a screw loose if it doesn't affect me.

When it does affect me I have a problem, and that is the crux of gender fluidity. That list of 31 recognised genders says to me that some people have an extraordinary sense of entitlement if they wish to have legal recognition of a character trait that is as legally relevant as the colour of their hair, or the length of their fingernails.

I've never heard a valid reason why genders should have legally protected status but maybe somebody can convince me otherwise.

I believe that it is more complicated than that but there are only 2 sex equivalents on that list - male / man and female / woman.

If somebody wishes to be called a butch instead of a woman then personally I think they have a screw loose and should be sat down and given a good talking to, but it takes all sorts and I have no objection to somebody having a screw loose if it doesn't affect me.

When it does affect me I have a problem, and that is the crux of gender fluidity. That list of 31 recognised genders says to me that some people have an extraordinary sense of entitlement if they wish to have legal recognition of a character trait that is as legally relevant as the colour of their hair, or the length of their fingernails.

I've never heard a valid reason why genders should have legally protected status but maybe somebody can convince me otherwise.

When has it ever effected you - and how was it a problem?

When has it ever effected you - and how was it a problem?

It hasn't and it isn't except in the context being discussed. That is kind of the whole point. Now read the rest of the paragraph because it hasn't affected them either.

It hasn't and it isn't except in the context being discussed. That is kind of the whole point. Now read the rest of the paragraph because it hasn't affected them either.

Isn't that for them to decide rather than you?

Isn't that for them to decide rather than you?

You really should remember what I've written before responding with that kind of virtue signalling nonsense. I'll help you out this time Cyclone.

Mental illness is a complex thing and I read your reply as still being a bit old fashioned and stigmatised. My approach is to accept that illnesses, physical, mental, emotional, whatever, are many and complex things and not at all taboo and hope that my enlightened approach will rub off on people who are stuck in the days of a little boy with calipers and a hole in his head collecting for the Spastics.

Illnesses are abnormalities though, and restoration to normality is undoubtedly what people prefer on the whole. No amount of pretending that illness is normal will stop it being taboo but the reverse is true. It's like the 12 step plan; step 1 is to recognise you have a problem, then you can start dealing with it. Show me somebody that is happy with their illness and you are showing me somebody who is abnormal.

there really are only two sexes and a syndrome does not create an additional sex, so sorry, there are still only two sexes plus abnormalities. I am not labelling anyone, it is just a statement of simple fact. There is no science to say otherwise that I am aware of. Career or life success does not stop them being ill, or vice versa, that's just a strawman argument.

Fill your boots with genders, I'm very content with that notion and will respect it within reason. Did you know that NYC recognises over 30 genders? Personally I think that's a reason to stop talking about gender, not a reason to have longer forms.

Identity politics - now THAT is a disease!

You really should remember what I've written before responding with that kind of virtue signalling nonsense. I'll help you out this time Cyclone.

I'm not Cyclone, but I'm happy to let that slide.

So you're claiming that mentally ill people have no ability to decide what they want or how they want to be treated?

Is that it?

So you're claiming that mentally ill people have no ability to decide what they want or how they want to be treated?

Is that it?

No. The opposite really if you read it.

You really aren't Cyclone?

No. The opposite really if you read it.

You really aren't Cyclone?

LOL erm hes never been Cyclone :hihi:

Theres a world of difference :hihi:

Because you can (and many many people are) be discriminated against on the basis of your gender identity. For what it's worth, I am a trans woman and I don't know of anyone who is demanding they refer to their gender as 'butch' on pain of $25k fine.

---------- Post added 26-01-2018 at 12:22 ----------

For the record, kids have far fewer hangups about gender, and gender expression than adults do. Perhaps we should take a leaf out of their book

Because you can (and many many people are) be discriminated against on the basis of your gender identity. For what it's worth, I am a trans woman and I don't know of anyone who is demanding they refer to their gender as 'butch' on pain of $25k fine.

---------- Post added 26-01-2018 at 12:22 ----------

For the record, kids have far fewer hangups about gender, and gender expression than adults do. Perhaps we should take a leaf out of their book

What you've done there is to confirm there is no need for legal protection for gender to have legally protected status. That there's a list with so many fatuous gender designations with legal recourse underlines that as it's impossible to keep a competent current list of what's real. I say to take it off forms and encourage an atmosphere where it's not an issue.

For the record, I hate identity politics. :) I'm interested in people as themselves so I literally could not less care what gender anyone sees themselves as, right up the point where they weaponise it. I put it to you that my approach is much more productive than prosecuting people for not recognising somebody as Gender Blender or Femme Queen.

Is that it?

Somebody mentally ill shouldn't decide what they want Hitler tried it and looked what happened.