DPD delivery service?

My friend has had an email from DPD parcel delivery service to his mobile saying they couldn't deliver a parcel, but he can't remember ordering anything. And anything we do order usually comes freepost via ebay.

Been on the website but can't find a depot or a phone number to contact them and don't have a parcel number or anything.

Does anyone know a Local depot phone number?

Or, could this be a scam?

I think the Sheffield branch is here : Cowley Way, Sheffield S35 1QN

Although the number given is a Birmingham one 0121 275 0500

Bit of a stretch here Anna but there are a few various delivery scams for Xbox and mobiles etc.

Has pal checked letterbox for delivery card?

Changed internet supplier recently, could it be a router?

There are lots of scam emails regarding delivery companies. If you didn't order anything don't click on any link. When you get a genuine email from DPD it says who the parcel is coming from to jog a few memories.

Thankyou very much everyone.

Think I'll hang fire for the moment and see what happens.

There are lots of scam emails regarding delivery companies. If you didn't order anything don't click on any link. When you get a genuine email from DPD it says who the parcel is coming from to jog a few memories.

I've had a DPD delivery today and it didn't mention the sender in either of the emails that I received. That may have been because the item I ordered was sent from outside the UK, but I just wanted to let people know that this is not a foolproof thing.

Anna- do you have the Your DPD app on your phone? I double check with that whenever I get any notifications. Once you have the app you can even see the driver's name and exactly where the van is in real time so you know when to be ready by the door. If you put the shipment number in that and it doesn't come up with a real delivery, then you know for certain that it's a scam.

Thankyou very much everyone.

Think I'll hang fire for the moment and see what happens.

If it's legit they should have got an email when the parcel was despatched the day before, and technically one in the morning advising of an hour window when it was supposed to have been delivered. If you've had none of those at all from dpd its rubbish.

If it's legit they should have got an email when the parcel was despatched the day before, and technically one in the morning advising of an hour window when it was supposed to have been delivered. If you've had none of those at all from dpd its rubbish.

Yep, I've used DPD a lot over the past few weeks and they're pretty good on tracking notifications and delivery time slots.