The Liberal Democrats - all discussion here please

One of the golden rules of political PR (public relations, not the one usually associated with the Lib Dems), when asked a question, the answer to which, may embarrass you, is - answer it quickly and honestly and move on - it never stops surprising me how many politicians forget this.

If Tim had been upfront at the beginning about the conflict he felt between his personal moral/religious views and his politics he may have lost some votes, he may have gained some votes, but he would have been able to move on from it much quicker than he eventually did

I did like one comment he made in one of the leader debates when he said his religious views shouldn't matter because he wasn't standing for Pope (I've probably misquoted him terribly), but it was too late by then

As for who will be the next leader, I'm not sure it makes much difference - Layla Moran would be my choice, but only because I'm shallow

As for who will be the next leader, I'm not sure it makes much difference - Layla Moran would be my choice, but only because I'm shallow

Me too, she must be the best looking MP.

why would she possibly want the job.

Vince Cable used parliamentary privilege to name former RBS employee Nathan Bostock – who is now chief executive of Santander UK – as one of the bankers “responsible” for a policy that unpublished passages of the report allege management would, or should, have known would lead to the mistreatment of customers.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/18/vince-cable-disgusted-with-fca-over-rbs-mistreatment-of-small-firms

Vince Cable used parliamentary privilege to name former RBS employee Nathan Bostock – who is now chief executive of Santander UK – as one of the bankers “responsible” for a policy that unpublished passages of the report allege management would, or should, have known would lead to the mistreatment of customers.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/18/vince-cable-disgusted-with-fca-over-rbs-mistreatment-of-small-firms

If you are annoyed then remove your custom from Santander and make sure they knoiw why.

I'll certainly be giving it serious thought if I continue banking with them after discovering that.

3 minutes ago, Hots on said:

He was a great man in many ways, even if I didn't agree with him  on some things.

Shows how many people view the Libs when the last posts were in January and even after he died, nobody (until you posted) were bothered to reply in it lol. I dont support party politics being an anarchist but i suppose the libs would be closer to my ideals (or greens) rather than the "nasty" party, or pisspoor labour lol

Congratulations to the Liberal Democrats. They've done well in the local elections.

I think the public might have now forgiven them

Absolutely. Time to stop punishing them for the coalition.

I think every major party has had to endure their period in the wilderness for a while.  

They need a strong leader again though.