How long did the Bayeux Tapestry take to make?

I've seen it. Believe me it is absolutely brilliant. If you can't get to where it is usually housed, and you get a chance to see it in this country...do so.

It's not just a foot square of stuff...it's a massive pictoral account of history. I went to see it and thought it would be a bit naff...it isn't. Any chance you get, really, it is one of the most important and historical "thing" you will ever see.

Edited by taxman

Going a bit off subject !

I do hope it appears somewhere up North in the UK and not down in London

However, you need a building that will contain a 230 ft tapestry !

I've seen it. Believe me it is absolutely brilliant. If you can't get to where it is usually housed, and you get a chance to see it in this country...do so.

It's not just a foot square of stuff...it's a massive pictoral account of history. I went to see it and thought it would be a bit naff...it isn't. Any chance you get, really, it is one of the most important and historical "thing" you will ever see.

I've seen it too, its remarkable.

President Macron probably has a political motivation for agreeing to send it, but there's nothing wrong with that. We need to be on good terms with the French.

I've never seen it but will definitely go and look if possible.

I went to see the Magna Carta a few months ago and that in a similar way is an amazing thing.

Going a bit off subject !

I do hope it appears somewhere up North in the UK and not down in London

However, you need a building that will contain a 230 ft tapestry !

just a thought, seeing as this is deemed to be an important historical artefact why not have it displayed in the city of culture where ever that happens to be when it arrives?

If they ever actually decide that there is a safe way to move and transport the Bayeux, it could well be cheaper to bus folk on day trips to Normandy instead.

Is it a carpet

That I would quite like in my living room!