Blood test results, cholestrol, liver function

I like the topic of health, just got my blood test results back.

Serum cholesterol = 4

Serum HDL = 1.6

Serum triglycerides =0.5

Serum HDL ratio = 2.5

Serum LDL level =2.2

Doctors said all was normal, I am hoping the 4 is good, because google says around 5.7 is average.

I did read something about adding HDL and LDL together; I am sure other might find this topic useful.

Liver test = DAL 355

Bilirubin =10

ATL level = 28

Albumin = 37

Alkaline phosphatase = 45

I am a 55 year old male, taking multivitamins ;)

I like the topic of health, just got my blood test results back.

Serum cholesterol = 4

Serum HDL = 1.6

Serum triglycerides =0.5

Serum HDL ratio = 2.5

Serum LDL level =2.2

Doctors said all was normal, I am hoping the 4 is good, because google says around 5.7 is average.

I did read something about adding HDL and LDL together; I am sure other might find this topic useful.

Liver test = DAL 355

Bilirubin =10

ATL level = 28

Albumin = 37

Alkaline phosphatase = 45

I am a 55 year old male, taking multivitamins ;)

Steve Austin. The Bionic Man. :hihi:

I can help you out there .

HDL plus LDL =3.8,whatever that means

If the doctor says it's ok then don't worry about it.

Many people your age will be over, especially with things like Cholesterol.

When I have mine done, the results tell you the guidelines with any of the results outside the guidelines shown in red. This is an online service, don't know if it differs from one you might get from a Hospital.

I can help you out there .

HDL plus LDL =3.8,whatever that means��

After further research, it also says that 20% of the 0.5 Serum triglycerides should be added, which make it 3.9

But "Serum cholesterol = 4" means total cholestrol level.

When I have mine done, the results tell you the guidelines with any of the results outside the guidelines shown in red. This is an online service, don't know if it differs from one you might get from a Hospital.

My brother had the same test last week, his Cholesterol level was 5, so all ok, but not as good as my results.

Your results are very good but may I ask why you are taking multivitamins? Anything that your body doesn't need just makes expensive pee . You shouldn't take vitamins unless deficient and then if you are you would need a higher dose than would be in a multivitamins.

Your body much prefers getting nutrients and vitamins from food . The only difference is vitamin D . Anyone living in the north needs to supplement from October to April as we don't get enough sunshine. ?

Your results are very good but may I ask why you are taking multivitamins? Anything that your body doesn't need just makes expensive pee . You shouldn't take vitamins unless deficient and then if you are you would need a higher dose than would be in a multivitamins.

Your body much prefers getting nutrients and vitamins from food . The only difference is vitamin D . Anyone living in the north needs to supplement from October to April as we don't get enough sunshine. ?

People do not know if they lacking in vitamins, unless they visit their GP and have a test. I dont mind spending money on my health.

If a person eats more fruit than average, they are probably getting too much of something, just like me with my multi-vitamins.

My results are very good, something must be causing me to be healthy.

People do not know if they lacking in vitamins, unless they visit their GP and have a test. I dont mind spending money on my health.

If a person eats more fruit than average, they are probably getting too much of something, just like me with my multi-vitamins.

My results are very good, something must be causing me to be healthy.

Well it's unlikely to be your multi-vitamins.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/more-evidence-that-routine-multivitamin-use-should-be-avoided/

I could quite easily post a link saying people benefited from xx vitamin, I also take cod liver oil and garlic at random.

With the same study parameters?