H&M racist advert

but you said it?

Thats right. I did.

I was just giving extra options.

Slavery. White people are omitted because of slavery, apparently.

Regardless of the fact slavery was mostly committed by none whites and mostly ended by whites but thats just not fashionable to say.

As an aside, In the US for example, half the homicides are committed by blacks and blacks make up only 12% of the population.

Why is that?

Probably slavery.

Crime is closely linked to poverty and education (which is itself closely linked to poverty).

Half of homicides are committed by the poorest members of society. Doesn't seem so surprising when phrased like that.

You might have to then consider why it is that black americans are overrepresented amongst the poorest people.

You could I suppose just decide that being black is the cause, or alternatively you might consider privilege and the system.

Crime is closely linked to poverty and education (which is itself closely linked to poverty).

Half of homicides are committed by the poorest members of society. Doesn't seem so surprising when phrased like that.

You might have to then consider why it is that black americans are overrepresented amongst the poorest people.

You could I suppose just decide that being black is the cause, or alternatively you might consider privilege and the system.

What do you think is the cause here in UK?

It's much the same isn't it. The prison population (which is a proxy for crime level) is proportional to the population distribution amongst those in poverty.