Growing up on the Ballifield estate in the 60's

Hi Pete.::::::. You know me very well but I don't want to

Converse on this platform.

Will make contact some other way.

I'll be in touch

I've just replied to the Club 62 thread with my happy memories of that time.

Re earlier post by johnparker which I have only just noted due to my living .

Mick Brookes is Michael (Mick) Brooks - he is my younger cousin along with his older sister Christine

They lived at 87 Ballifield Grange Road until they married and bought their own properties. Next door, would be 89 lived David ???? parents were originally from London and his dad Johnny was a tram driver

Christine and Michael were friendly with the 2 Holland brothers who did a club act as Everley Brothers. Hollands had the grocers shop near the Everest pub

Christine now live in Chesterfield and Michael at High Greave, Sheffield where he writes and sings Country and Western Music plus Line Dancing

As for myself - left Swallownest in 1966 and moved to Driffield. Then in 2006 moved to Malaysia (10 miles south of Kuala Lumpur) , where I still live in the hot sun 365 days a year - same weather almost every day 2 degrees above the Equator.

Best Wishes - Victor (Victor Marshall Hutchinson)

---------- Post added 19-01-2018 at 08:19 ----------

Sorry my earlier post stated 87 Ballifield Grange Road and should have been 87 Handsworth Grange Road and next door lived Michaels friend - even now 2018 - David (Dave) Walker

Mike parents were my Aunt Hilda and Unlce Ken

Regards - Victor