Fergies ref rant.

No doubt the Donny gaffer will pay a high price for his over the top comment about the standard of refs.He deserves a fine or a ban for saying they should be shot which was well out of order but he is right about the standards of some refs.For a very long time there has been criticism about the quality of refs but any body who says there is a problem with in the game gets reprimanded .It is about time the F A started to look at this problem instead of dishing out fines and bans to those who dare to say we have a problem.Dear FA it is YOUR problem and you should look at it.I know down at the lane and I believe at Sheff 6 decent refs have been few and far between.I understand it is not all that easy but consistency should not be a problem like it is now.

Perhaps you should try the job controlling screaming, scratching, shirt pulling, foul mouth, diving cheats ,on top of this there is the touch line cowboys with their contorted faces calling you every thing from a bar steward to a cheat who is not fit to be on the same Planet as these good honest mummy cuddled little lads

And that's before the spit and obscenities from the experts on the kop.

Perhaps you should try the job controlling screaming, scratching, shirt pulling, foul mouth, diving cheats ,on top of this there is the touch line cowboys with their contorted faces calling you every thing from a bar steward to a cheat who is not fit to be on the same Planet as these good honest mummy cuddled little lads

Except thats the job they are paid to do and they are not doing to anything like an acceptable standard.

I very much doubt that anyone seriously thinks that Ferguson meant that refereees should really be shot. We do take things far too literally these days. He was angry and did a bit of venting, it should be left at that.

There is no need for further action and anyway, he has a point, League 1 refs are of a poor standard. Maybe the powers that be could do something about the problem, rather than the complainant.

I very much doubt that anyone seriously thinks that Ferguson meant that refereees should really be shot. We do take things far too literally these days. He was angry and did a bit of venting, it should be left at that.

There is no need for further action and anyway, he has a point, League 1 refs are of a poor standard. Maybe the powers that be could do something about the problem, rather than the complainant.

Could not agree more, but the F.A will want blood.

Except thats the job they are paid to do and they are not doing to anything like an acceptable standard.

It is the same in the local leagues as well as junior football .

No one in their right mind would put up with the abuse.

What a terrible job ,Good job it is not compulsory then.

---------- Post added 15-01-2018 at 14:35 ----------

I agree with all you say but he will be in trouble and the powers that be will do nothing about the problem and that alone is the MAIN problem which after a few years gets managers to explode and get in trouble once again.

---------- Post added 18-01-2018 at 14:28 ----------

Talking about refs watch the Chelsea Norwich match and that ref was amazing .It has been a long time since I saw a ref not bending to the pressure the big club put on him.He was superb as the match unfolded it was great he put all the mega stars in their place .NO DIVING ALLOWED NO PLAY ACTING GET ON WITH THE GAME was his attitude.They looked so shocked that this ref was not buying any of their cheating.WELL DONE WHO EVER YOU WERE.