Ultimate worse year on TV at Xmas

That Bloody Harry Potter was on every flipping day.,,! Ok I know they have to show things suitable for kids, but do we need it EVERY day ! :rant:

Now we get Jools Holland sodding Hootinanny or whatever it's called.

You mean 'Frank Sidebottom'?:hihi:

Oi, leave Jools Holland alone you lot, his CDs and concerts are brilliant and so are his Hootenannys. This year's wasn't his best-too much soul music for my liking but Ed Sheeran and Jose Feliciano were excellent, Beth Ditto was a big presence, The Beat were very lively and Trombone Shorty played a mean trombone. I could have done without Soul2Soul and George McCrae and more of Ruby Turner, but you can't have everything.

That Bloody Harry Potter was on every flipping day.,,! Ok I know they have to show things suitable for kids, but do we need it EVERY day ! :rant:

Was on exactly same days last year, in fact it seems to be on a loop all year round.

Potter fans will probably have all the DVD's anyway.

Free-to-air TV, especially of the public service variety, is being deliberately run down so that we'll all have to buy our news/information/culture/panem et circenses off the likes of Sky/BT/Netflix/Fox/etc. (or do without those things). The endgame is nigh, rubbish TV at Christmas is just one aspect/symptom.

I wouldn't say its being deliberately "run down" its just that viewing habits have changed dramatically over the years.

Sky might be perceived as better quality but lets not forget that massive amounts of Sky and BT programming is nothing more than back catelogue from the BBC and ITV anyway.

In fact, if it wasnt for re-runs from the 1970s 1980s from those so called dinosaur insitutions such as the BBC / CBS / NBC and ITV archives there are entire Sky channels that wouldn't have anything to broadcast.

The biggest threat to any ye olde TV these days is the internet. Youtube is ever increasing with stats showing that 300 videos a second are uploaded with a 5 billion people viewing daily. Add on live streaming through instagram, snapchat, facebook and we have a whole generation of people making their own entertainment and information sources. I have read interviews where a certain generation get their news from Snapchat! There is a whole world seemingly invisible to anyone over 35 which is filled with megastars springing up out of thin air earning millions of fans and millions of pounds without even touching such archaic things as media training or auditions or agents or writers or television studios or even so much as a defined talent.

How is any broadcast service (regardless of the perceived good/bad quality) supposed to compete with that.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Its news this morning,Widdicombe enters big brother house 1st then 150,000 homes without power 2nd,that's what tv is like.

Just watched celeb mastermind,bird on from Towie got 7,she's the thickest I've seen on the programme but the beeb deem it fit to give her our license money.

I thought this was brilliant. The real T-Rex.

I read some people don't like Chris Packham, and agree that not liking a host, has a major impact, but still worth watching. There was some fascinating new [ish] info.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09ksl99/the-real-t-rex-with-chris-packham

I would recommend if interest in dinos/or your kids are.

Oi, leave Jools Holland alone you lot, his CDs and concerts are brilliant and so are his Hootenannys. This year's wasn't his best-too much soul music for my liking but Ed Sheeran and Jose Feliciano were excellent, Beth Ditto was a big presence, The Beat were very lively and Trombone Shorty played a mean trombone. I could have done without Soul2Soul and George McCrae and more of Ruby Turner, but you can't have everything.

New Year is the only time I watch his programme, a lot of the artists he has on I've never heard of but he does seem to get them to come on.

Its news this morning,Widdicombe enters big brother house 1st then 150,000 homes without power 2nd,that's what tv is like.

Just watched celeb mastermind,bird on from Towie got 7,she's the thickest I've seen on the programme but the beeb deem it fit to give her our license money.

Someone called Vogue Williams was on last night's mastermind,she was just as thick,how do they make a living in the industry,to be honest I thought she was married to Robbie making her a celeb,she isn't.