Whats best htc desire or iphone

just wanted to know any experience with both phones, been offered htc desire but not sure it competes with the iphone.

any feedback welcome.

thanks

just wanted to know any experience with both phones, been offered htc desire but not sure it competes with the iphone.

any feedback welcome.

thanks

HTC Desire all the way, Android has now over taken Apple, and the desire is such a nice phone, the Iphone is old tech(even when it was released the tech was old).

Android will be the way of the future.

I would say HTC. However the newer iPhone 4G will be far superior...in all ways expect it wont have a proper keyboard!

*I'm a Blackberry man anyway

when is iphone 4g out didnt know they was bringing another out

I would say HTC. However the newer iPhone 4G will be far superior...in all ways expect it wont have a proper keyboard!

No when the Iphone 4g is released it will only be at the level the Desire is at, and by release time there will be even faster HTC phones available. Remember Apple only ever copy other company's.

For example:

Ipod copied the likes of Archos, Iriver etc etc.

Iphone copied HTC

Ipad copied Archos(again) and nokia.

There ideas are just copies with clever marketing to pull the sheep in.

I would never buy any apple product the main reason being there is always a more functional, higher specced, cheaper alternative, that is not locked down to the apple platform.

I've looked at the desire recently, the camera is putting me off though.

Is there a recent Android smartphone with a decent camera available?

thanks bonjon, just confirmed my own theory. iphone is out of date.

HTC Desire all the way, Android has now over taken Apple, and the desire is such a nice phone, the Iphone is old tech(even when it was released the tech was old).

Android will be the way of the future.

My £40 Skype 2 handset has newer technology that the IPhone...which is only 3G......my Skype is HSDPA.

I would love one of these Android phones.....*dreams* :D

I've looked at the desire recently, the camera is putting me off though.

Is there a recent Android smartphone with a decent camera available?

There is the HTC Incredible which has an 8mp camera. All the other specs are the same as the Desire (maybe more ram/rom).

My £40 Skype 2 handset has newer technology that the IPhone...which is only 3G......my Skype is HSDPA.

I would love one of these Android phones.....*dreams* :D

Well I recentley got a £10p/ SE satio, but as my other contract runs out soon I may get one of the new HTC Droid phones as an upgrade.

The Desire is absolutely great, I personally would choose that over an Iphone.

However the camera on it is not very good so if that is important to you, it would be a let-down in the HTC to be honest.

I've got a Legend and I absolutely love it, brilliant device and a tad smaller than the Desire/Iphone which I like.

Edit - oh and it doesn't compete with the Iphone, it out-competes it apart from the camera.