Walk in shower, wet room

Would anyone be able to help me at all please I live in a council house and i am

trying to find out. who I would need to get in touch with for any assistance in getting rid of our bath and getting a wet room as now myself and my wife are both no disabled and struggling with bathing

So thanks in advance for any help

Would anyone be able to help me at all please I live in a council house and i am

trying to find out. who I would need to get in touch with for any assistance in getting rid of our bath and getting a wet room as now myself and my wife are both no disabled and struggling with bathing

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/housing/adapting-your-home.html

https://service.sheffield.gov.uk/selfservice/L15_Portal.html?formname=Adults_EA_Ref

Contact your Landlord asap and inform them of your predicament.

Angel1.

Tattoo - you will need an assessment before this can be applied for. Usually these are done by an occupational therapist. If you or your wife are under the care of the hospital for your disability they might have an OT attached to that particular speciality. If not, telephone social services or ask at your GP surgery for contact details.

Tattoo - you will need an assessment before this can be applied for. Usually these are done by an occupational therapist. If you or your wife are under the care of the hospital for your disability they might have an OT attached to that particular speciality. If not, telephone social services or ask at your GP surgery for contact details.

which can be arranged by following the link given in my earlier post.

hospital OTs may be involved in the assesment process , but generally that is when someone isan inpatient or frequently sees the OT service at the hospital.

Wet rooms are a disaster in this country as we don't have the climate to dry them out. (and they always tend to leak).

What about a 1700x700 shower tray which is the same footprint as a standard bath so great for people with limited mobility. I did one a few years ago for an elderly couple and they loved it.

I am disabled and had a long shower tray put in my bathroom with a glass panel at the side which enable me to walk into the shower.i also had a seat on the wall and grab rails all along to hold on to It was the perfect solution.

Wet rooms are a disaster in this country as we don't have the climate to dry them out. (and they always tend to leak).

What about a 1700x700 shower tray which is the same footprint as a standard bath so great for people with limited mobility. I did one a few years ago for an elderly couple and they loved it.

I did exactly that, removed a bath and replaced it with the same size tray. I think it's great even without limited mobility :)

When my mum was alive Stayput Sheffield did various things for her to make her house more useable, one of the things was to install a wet room,. They also lowered kitchen cabinets, fitted a stair lift, raised the toilet and put risers under her bed, armchairs and settee.

Sheffield Stay Put

Sovereign Court, 300, Barrow Rd, Sheffield, S9 1JQ

Tel

0114 256 4270

Get in touch and see what they can do.