Should we sell to try to meet FFP?

As in title. Been thinking about it and I'm guessing we can't be forced to sell and even if we sold Westwood and FF would we get enough to avoid a fine and embargo if we really are at risk of it.

Seems to me we are better off keeping the players we have and just risking it.

I read somewhere that there are 6 Championship clubs currently on a transfer embargo so the Owls aren't on their own.

Transfer fees and wages in the Championship are getting ridiculous and its all down to parachute payments to the relegated clubs pushing up the price of even the most average of players.

Derby have signed another player or are about to, if so they must be pretty confident they don't face an embargo. On SSN it says Birmingham have had a transfer embargo on them, it says it puts into question the immediate future of new signing Kristian Pedersen, who arrived at St Andrew's from German side Union Berlin last month.

Does this mean that if a club signs a player whilst unsure if they are facing an embargo they might not be able to play them and let them go back to the previous club?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11694/11454677/birmingham-city-confirm-transfer-embargo-by-english-football-league

I've read that there is some sort of hearing today to decide the fate of six clubs regarding an embargo, SWFC at the moment are fine any more business done before today could have adversely affected the outcome.

Signings could possibly still be made before the window closes on the 8th.

The top and bottom of FFP is the EFL want clubs to be self supporting with owners only being allowed to contribute a maximum of £5m per year . Overall this makes for an uneven playing field with relegated clubs who get parachute payments.

Edited by ALAN 58

The top and bottom of FFP is the EFL want clubs to be self supporting with owners only being allowed to contribute a maximum of £5m per year . Overall this makes for an uneven playing field with relegated clubs who get parachute payments.

I can understand them not wanting clubs to go into admin but as you say the parachute payments are not fair on the teams in the Championship. Stoke already spent about £40m and if they don't go up they still got a load of cash coming next year. I am surprised Bournemouth and Watford have managed to stay up, although players abroad want to come to the PL as there is that much money. If they sign for a smaller club and impress, one of the top half of the PL teams is likely to come in for them. When Huddersfield went up they almost bought a new team with all the players they brought in. Teams might as well not bother spending big on players and get a load of loan signings because if they go up they will be buying better players anyway.

The Embargo has landed.

It seems like bye bye Westwood and Forestieri.

Hi Hottie, not to concerned if Westwood has to go, but to loose Fezzy would be a blow even though i,ve been a crytic of his in the past, . Alll we can do is get on with the job in hand with what we have . There are teams out there who would be more than happy to be able to put a team out with the players we have available to us. W.A.W.A.W

The Embargo has landed.

It seems like bye bye Westwood and Forestieri.

If we are under an embargo surely theres no point selling anyway now. Just take the fine and go with what we have. Wouldn't be too bothered if we lost westwood though

Hi Hottie, not to concerned if Westwood has to go, but to loose Fezzy would be a blow even though i,ve been a crytic of his in the past, . Alll we can do is get on with the job in hand with what we have . There are teams out there who would be more than happy to be able to put a team out with the players we have available to us. W.A.W.A.W

If we are under an embargo surely theres no point selling anyway now. Just take the fine and go with what we have. Wouldn't be too bothered if we lost westwood though

I've shredded Nando in the past, but I wouldn't like to lose him now his attitude seems top hole. We can afford to let Westwood go, with no regrets. Forgive my ignorance, but how much would any fine imposed be?

I agree Alan, we've got a damn fine squad who (if their attitude and application are sound) should be top 6 throughout the season (today's defeat excepted).

There's one or two players we've got who give me the eeby jeebies and who we need to 'demote' pretty quickly in my opinion.

Unless he was injured, one's been found out this afternoon.

Subbed and replaced by just about a 'complete opposite' type of player.

Sounds like Wigan could have got 5 or 6. I'm not surprised.

Edited by Hotmale 1954