Huddersfield v Sheffield Wednesday 14/05/17

The first of potentially three defining games, the Owls should have a fully fit squad to choose from and a good recent record against Huddersfield, it won't be easy but I fancy us for this one.

1-2

And already posts have been removed for bait attempts and anything quoting it. It's getting very old...

Hearing Hooper could miss the semis which is a real blow.

I'm hoping for a draw at least. Huddersfield have been on a poor run, conceding a lot of goals in the past month. Wednesday have scored well though so there are definitely opportunities and, unless nerves freeze both teams, it should be quite a goalfest. If we can score two there we are in charge of our own destiny at a rocking Hillsborough for the return leg.

Fulham at Reading is going to be interesting as well, I fully expect to come up against Fulham at Wembley, even though Reading are a solid team.

100% wednesday won't suffer with nerves. Absolutely positive of that.

I expect Huddersfield will get back on track though but if we can come away without losing that will be good. A win would be immense.

Although in the play offs it means nothing, we've beaten Huddersfield in the 4 games we've played against them since Wagner took over. His comments yesterday about us were weird

The Hooper news is a sickener though

100% wednesday won't suffer with nerves. Absolutely positive of that.

I expect Huddersfield will get back on track though but if we can come away without losing that will be good. A win would be immense.

Although in the play offs it means nothing, we've beaten Huddersfield in the 4 games we've played against them since Wagner took over. His comments yesterday about us were weird

The Hooper news is a sickener though

I agree mate, even anything thats no worse than a 1-0 loss would be ok going into the home leg but a win or a draw would be fantastic.

Its the game the majority of Wednesdayites wanted...and the bonus of the second leg at home.

Its a blow regards Hooper,but we aren't short of options up front and Jordan Rhodes is due a goal and where better than at his old club..

I would imagine Wagner will try all the cliches he can prior to the game to shift the attention from his club and see he has already started...mind you he has had Warnock whispering in his ear yesterday..!

I would fancy Wednesday against anyone over two games...but in the play offs you just never know....

As promised, I now enter a vow of silence.

Good luck Wednesday, and I hope the fans have good days whatever number of days that is.

Safe travel to all who are following the team , home and away.

I'm back on the 27th.

I hope I'm a very happy bunny by then.

Might not have a bearing on the Owl's two games but Huddersfield reached the play-offs with a -2 goal difference. Is that some sort of a record ?

Might not have a bearing on the Owl's two games but Huddersfield reached the play-offs with a -2 goal difference. Is that some sort of a record ?

Amazing stat that isn't it. In fact, they lost 5-0 away at Fulham and 4-1 at home to them plus 4-0 at Bristol City. They only scored 3 in their last 5 games conceding 10. When they lose, they can lose heavily.

But you could even point to reading - 3rd and only had +4! Another team Fulham beat 5-0 at craven Cottage!

Hooper out?

Forestieri takes his place.

Joao takes FF's place on bench. :)