How do we solve the Blades problem?

We all know we're beating all the PL and championship sides at the moment, but don't seem to be beating the lessor clubs. We all know the reason. PL clubs come out to play us and then get spanked. L1 clubs are scared to death of us, hence do the opposite.

So, what specifically do we do. What would you do if you were NC?

You have to remember Jon that you are a league one club for a reason,nobody can knock United's achievements in the cup,but to think your style of football is better suited to premiership /championship clubs is a bit daft.I would put your cup success down to a better attitude and desire to win versus a poor attitude and desire from the premiership teams,that's not taking anything away from united but saying the poorer teams raise there game shouldn't be used as an excuse to drop so many points to them.

You have to remember Jon that you are a league one club for a reason,nobody can knock United's achievements in the cup,but to think your style if football is better suited to premiership /championship clubs is a bit daft.I would put your cup success down to a better attitude and desire to win versus a poor attitude and desire from the premiership teams,that's not taking anything away from united but saying the poorer teams raise there game shouldn't be used as an excuse to drop so many points to them.

Oh Gazza my friend. I completely agree. It's a state of mind. That's why you'll see in some of my threads... me :rant::hihi:

We all know we're beating all the PL and championship sides at the moment, but don't seem to be beating the lessor clubs. We all know the reason. PL clubs come out to play us and then get spanked. L1 clubs are scared to death of us, hence do the opposite.

So, what specifically do we do. What would you do if you were NC?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The truth isn't that funny...

The truth isn't that funny...

No but the delusion is :hihi:

What is meant by 'all'? All the clubs in the PL and Championship - because if it is then it's wrong - you've only played a handful - and generally poor ones at that. Or all the PL and Championship clubs you've played in the last couple of years - because if it is, then someone seems to have forgotten Hull.

You've done well for a small lower league club, but keep it in proportion or it looks silly.

No but the delusion is :hihi:

What is meant by 'all'? All the clubs in the PL and Championship - because if it is then it's wrong - you've only played a handful - and generally poor ones at that. Or all the PL and Championship clubs you've played in the last couple of years - because if it is, then someone seems to have forgotten Hull.

You've done well for a small lower league club, but keep it in proportion or it looks silly.

Ask the OP.

BIB - Europe in 5 years eh ?

I actually think you've got a fair point Jon. I reckon it is a combination of more desire and a play-style that is better suited to facing passing teams.

That leads to one conclusion really: Clough doesn't know how to win against sides that put all the emphasis on defense, so what we really need is for you to sneak through the play-offs and then you can get beat by us in the (more) proper league ;)

I actually think you've got a fair point Jon. I reckon it is a combination of more desire and a play-style that is better suited to facing passing teams.

That leads to one conclusion really: Clough doesn't know how to win against sides that put all the emphasis on defense, so what we really need is for you to sneak through the play-offs and then you can get beat by us in the (more) proper league ;)

It's very hard against teams that nick the odd goal and put 11 men behind the ball ask any Man City player.

It's very hard against teams that nick the odd goal and put 11 men behind the ball ask any Man City player.

It is, although that isn't quite what we did against City :)

See for yourself!

Seems to me there isn't any problem whatsoever down s2 way.

It is, although that isn't quite what we did against City :)

See for yourself!

I only saw the second half to be honest and most of that there was 21 men in Wednesdays half and Wednesday defended magnificently in my opinion, on one of the rare occasions after Man City equalised Wednesday even nearly nicked a goal.