Owls Takeover Off.

According to andy giddings [who is pretty reliable]MM has issued a statement saying the takeover deal is OFF.A few weeks ago this would have been devastating news,but i reckon most would agree its now the best outcome.

According to andy giddings [who is pretty reliable]MM has issued a statement saying the takeover deal is OFF.A few weeks ago this would have been devastating news,but i reckon most would agree its now the best outcome.

Yes if this is true, it's the best possible news for you I think. That said, if things go down hill league wise, I'm sure some will say otherwise and back to square one.

Milan says."our supporters were extremely excited,like me they believed mr mammadov offered a great oppurtunity for the club,in hindsight my desire to please the supporters proberly clouded my decision to grant furter time for him to complete the process" i have now realised he is a pillock and told him to do one.[ok i made the last bit up.]

Why on earth he even considered selling to this man after reassuring the fans that he would only ever consider selling to someone who had SWFC at heart is beyond me.

We at the Lane have had our share of nut jobs wanting to take over in the past and I think that's the reason that I never rated Mammadov, he seemed to be suffering problems in every aspect of his business empire.

Were I an Owl, I wouldn't shed any tears over the loss of this guy.

Milan says."our supporters were extremely excited,like me they believed mr mammadov offered a great oppurtunity for the club,in hindsight my desire to please the supporters proberly clouded my decision to grant furter time for him to complete the process" i have now realised he is a pillock and told him to do one.[ok i made the last bit up.]

:hihi: it does worry me that these rich guys, get into football purely because they want to make more money, or just bored. They are treating clubs like toys. Great one moment and leave it in the cupboard the next. And some of the foreign owners are dam right bizzare. Especially the Leeds one. :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-09-2014 at 15:01 ----------

Why on earth he even considered selling to this man after reassuring the fans that he would only ever consider selling to someone who had SWFC at heart is beyond me.

We at the Lane have had our share of nut jobs wanting to take over in the past and I think that's the reason that I never rated Mammadov, he seemed to be suffering problems in every aspect of his business empire.

Were I an Owl, I wouldn't shed any tears over the loss of this guy.

:hihi: that made me nearly fell off the chair. Proper funny :hihi:

Edited by JonBladesman

So they haven't even been paid for the shirt sponsorship.

Not a dig at the owls lads but I thought Milan was a lot sharper than that.

Now Wednesday are going to spend money on legal action....

Ask McCabe about the way to go on that......:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:.

Edited by trav4

So they haven't even been paid for the shirt sponsorship.

Never, I didn't know that... surely it can easy be taken off :hihi: MM dropped a bit of a clanger with that one.

Yes ask McCabe, he'll offer his services :hihi:

Has this been confirmed? and if so does it mean that the fans can ask for a refund.

I'll bet Andy Daykin is rushing round all his contacts looking for a new sponsor, it could be the advertising bargain of a lifetime if some company plays it's cards right.

Glad to have an end to this one I won't lie to you I would love somebody to come in with this game changing investment however you see up and down the country how the new owners of clubs are buying and treating them like toys with no real respect for them and in some instances leaving them much worse off in the long run. I'm not stupid enough to think that we should be looking to get a rich Sheffield Wednesday fan to take over because as wonderful as that would be the chances if it happening are slim to nil. I would love to think that there is a rich English consortium out there who would buy us as they would understand the history and culture of the club and the british game as a whole which would give me more confidence that they would look after us.

With all the things in the press it seems we have had a lucky escape. Whether he has the money for the investment or not it doesn't seem he showed much respect and regard for his other clubs.

Thought it was strange that the billboards around Hillsborough aren't plastered with the land of fire like your expect, hopefully a top 6 finish to put us in the shop window will bring in what we need, either a new owner or investment into the team.

It would have been nice to have had a new owner with loads of cash to throw around, and I for 1 was a bit gutted to hear premature here say, now we look like pillocks.

As long as MM is still around we'll be fine, if anything, this has proved he is very serious about moving us on to the right buyer.

Oh well, pick ourselves up, dust us down and we go again.

UTO.

---------- Post added 04-09-2014 at 15:22 ----------

Never, I didn't know that... surely it can easy be taken off :hihi: MM dropped a bit of a clanger with that one.

Yes ask McCabe, he'll offer his services :hihi:

It can easily be taken off???

No worries there pal, the shirts are so bad the logos and writing just fall off :hihi::hihi:

Glad to have an end to this one I won't lie to you I would love somebody to come in with this game changing investment however you see up and down the country how the new owners of clubs are buying and treating them like toys with no real respect for them and in some instances leaving them much worse off in the long run. I'm not stupid enough to think that we should be looking to get a rich Sheffield Wednesday fan to take over because as wonderful as that would be the chances if it happening are slim to nil. I would love to think that there is a rich English consortium out there who would buy us as they would understand the history and culture of the club and the british game as a whole which would give me more confidence that they would look after us.

With all the things in the press it seems we have had a lucky escape. Whether he has the money for the investment or not it doesn't seem he showed much respect and regard for his other clubs.

I don't think most do though. If a rich businessman comes in, he's only ever going to do it his way - not what it should be. It's eventually going to kill the english game, because they won't be any available apart from the name of a club and even that's at threat. I couldn't be arsed to watch the England match last night because english football is dying out. Most overseas owners have no interest in fans thoughts. It's a money and ego with these guys. There control freaks, and don't give a damn.

Has this been confirmed? and if so does it mean that the fans can ask for a refund.

I'll bet Andy Daykin is rushing round all his contacts looking for a new sponsor, it could be the advertising bargain of a lifetime if some company plays it's cards right.

Yep a link has been posted on FB to Milan's statement.

He's got his finger burnt in the land of fire.