2nd Hand PC components: prices crashing?

Prices for second hand components seem to be going south, here and on Gumtree I have seen Hd 6970's for 70 quid, gtx 560 Ti's going for 60 quid, 460's much less. I-7's for about 80, SSD's for 40, high end full pc's which their owners were asking for over 800, finally going for a bit more than half that. Lot's just don't seem to sell. Is this correct?, maybe the move to tablets, etc may have a bearing.

Edited by gamezone07

As long as i can source the parts i'll never use anything bar a PC.

We have tablets and laptops, but i wont touch em. Nothing can beat a PC.

You may, but others are giving it up, on Gumtree I recently got a pc with an 1-7 and HD 6990 for an incredibly cheap price.

Each to their own, but i prefer something i choose the parts for, something that i'm in control of. If someone offered me the latest ipad the only way i'd accept it would be on the proviso i can sell it. Useless pieces of junk imo.

But what about my argument, do you think prices are indeed dropping?

But what about my argument, do you think prices are indeed dropping?

Most definitely. You can pick up some real bargains if you know what you're looking for.

you could look at it in another way though. I would say that in the last 10 years people have been becoming far more tech savvy and are willing to do things that once they would have never dreamed of doing, such as upgrading their own PC's or even building them and I would say that there are far more help websites and videos on youtube than there ever was before and so there are more components out there for sale, hence the prices are dropping.

Those radions are a tad out of date though. And tech is moving fast, you can get larger SSD drives at a lot cheaper of a price as they where when they where only available in smaller sizes.

And new stuff, you can get a fairly decent budget gaming PC for £250 (obviously not massively high end, but will do the job).

2 grand gaming rigs are a thing of the past.

Those radions are a tad out of date though. And tech is moving fast, you can get larger SSD drives at a lot cheaper of a price as they where when they where only available in smaller sizes.

And new stuff, you can get a fairly decent budget gaming PC for £250 (obviously not massively high end, but will do the job).

Tech maybe moving fast but it always has.Its not needed nowadays though as many use a pc for not much more than the internet.

I havent seen much evidence of price dropping never mind crashing. Im surprised some of the technology has maintained a stable price considering how ol such items are.

Ram has increased. Processors are pretty stable as are HDD.

Intel no longer has serious competition from AMD so its prices have stayed pretty high and the last decent speed bump was from gen 2 to gen 3.

You have to look at the exact spec of the component to see how old it is. Not all I7s are the same etc.

As long as i can source the parts i'll never use anything bar a PC.

We have tablets and laptops, but i wont touch em. Nothing can beat a PC.

You must look really silly on the tram, trying to read a book on a desktop PC with a power cable trailing behind you.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:40 ----------

They aren't. I've been considering buying one for the past few months.

If you want a GTX780 that's £500 on it's own! A 690 costs even more!

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:40 ----------

I havent seen much evidence of price dropping never mind crashing. Im surprised some of the technology has maintained a stable price considering how ol such items are.

Ram has increased. Processors are pretty stable as are HDD.

Intel no longer has serious competition from AMD so its prices have stayed pretty high and the last decent speed bump was from gen 2 to gen 3.

You have to look at the exact spec of the component to see how old it is. Not all I7s are the same etc.

You got that he was talking about second hand right?