The rumour mill (ongoing)

Hull went from a simular position to county a few seasons ago ,and look at them now

I think Wigan are the prime example of a club coming from the doldrums.

I think Wigan are the prime example of a club coming from the doldrums.

yep ,they did it too -although Hull were on the verge of having the gates locked at Boothfery park

Did Wigan ever have a football team lol, i thought they only did rugby till a few years ago lol.

Did Wigan ever have a football team lol, i thought they only did rugby till a few years ago lol.

they had always been a lower league team

The same Lee Hughes who signed for Notts County today?

Well if i'm honest I'm glad he has signed for them.

Looking at the posts regarding Wigan I remember going to see Wednesday play them in the cup in the seventies (a night match) and the ground was basically a small stand down about one third of one side and the rest of the ground was a bit of a grass bank with a rope around the pitch. You couldn't see very much of the game or Wigan supporters I think their average attendance was less than 1000 I think they were a non league club at that time.

It rained and was freezing cold, I can't remember the result.

Everyone was saying that it was a joke to sell tickets for such a shocking ground with such poor views of the pitch.

Just shows you what plenty of investment can do.

Just read the following on BBC 606 chat....

Reports in France have claimed that Sheffield Wednesday are in advanced talks to sign Marseille midfielder Elliot Grandin.