Avoiding foods containing high cholesterol PALM oil.

Yeah, Meridian make nice peanut (and other nut) butters. We switched to them a while ago due to the palm oil free nature.

It's getting ever harder to avoid palm oil isn't it? Finding out that peanut butters and similar can hide palm oil under the 'other oils' description providing that they are under a certain percentage was a real shocker- clearly these companies know that they're doing something shameful, and they're prepared to hide it rather than just do the honourable thing and remove it from their ingredients.

I do try to look for items with Orangutan Alliance seals on them, or other statements that a product is palm oil free, but it's not the simplest of things to find a way around sometimes.

I like the Meridian one with other seeds in, which is a bit more runny and easy to spread for those of us with arm disabilities too. I do sprinkle a bit of salt on my sarnie though.