First Smartphone - advice?

Just be wary of how long these devices will still be supported. There is a lot of security issues being found these days that means you really need a device that is still getting updates.

If its a good quality yet cheap device, you'll find that the community will support it.

A great example of this is the Orange San Francisco. It never got a single update from Orange or ZTE (its a rebranded ZTE Blade), but the Modaco community kept it going with different builds.

If its a good quality yet cheap device, you'll find that the community will support it.

A great example of this is the Orange San Francisco. It never got a single update from Orange or ZTE (its a rebranded ZTE Blade), but the Modaco community kept it going with different builds.

Speaking of which, the ZTE Blade S6+ is looking impressive for around £115

I don't have MMS messages enabled. Like I said, I did update but now it's made my phone a turd :(

Motorola say I can't rollback to Kitkat either.

Have you tried clearing the cache from recovery mode or completely restoring the factory settings?

Its very common for upgrades between Android versions to have issues but I have found just clearing the cache is usually enough and you do not lose any data from that.

Have you tried clearing the cache from recovery mode or completely restoring the factory settings?

Its very common for upgrades between Android versions to have issues but I have found just clearing the cache is usually enough and you do not lose any data from that.

Yeah tried all that, including full factory reset. It did eliminate the lag when switching between screens and the occasional screen hang/freeze but it's still slower than it was before, the internet seems to be slower too (browser).

Speaking of which, the ZTE Blade S6+ is looking impressive for around £115

When I got home last night I noticed my usual monthly Virgin Media mobile spam, and they're doing ZTE phones on an £8 a month contract. It might have been this one:

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go-phones/zte-blade-l2-white/zte-blade-l2-white-specifications.html

When I got home last night I noticed my usual monthly Virgin Media mobile spam, and they're doing ZTE phones on an £8 a month contract. It might have been this one:

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go-phones/zte-blade-l2-white/zte-blade-l2-white-specifications.html

Hmm not quite as impressive as the Blade S6+ (or the Moto G to be honest). I'm not a fan of long -term contracts either.

Might treat myself to the Blade S6+ later this year, unless a better option comes along for a similar price.

Yeah tried all that, including full factory reset. It did eliminate the lag when switching between screens and the occasional screen hang/freeze but it's still slower than it was before, the internet seems to be slower too (browser).

I do believe there are some networking issues in Lollipop at least when on WiFi, as web browsing hangs every time I try to load a page, follow a link, etc on my Note 4 too.

I really hope its fixed in Marshmallow as its very frustrating.