Sheffield landlords who let to Benefit-claiming tenants?

Anyone know of any landlords on here that take DSS? Im a student but have a small family so claim benefits, thanks

can anyone help im a single mother to a 3 yer old and my new baby is due in july. im looking for somewere to rent as the housing associations wont help me because im not classed as overcrowded even though i am in a 1 bedroom upper flat.does anyone know of any estate agents or landlords or any properties available where they will accept housing benefit. i would be grateful of any help or advice anyone can offer. feel free to drop me a line on edwinashaw06@aol.com thankyou edwina xxx

Have you registered with the council and all the housing associations in Sheffield? You might not get another property through overcrowding, but you surely could eventually on waiting time? If you manage to get a private rented house, check that housing benefit will cover all the rent - if its much more expensive than social housing there could be a limit on what they will pay.

any areas at all. i recently found a ouse but housing benefit would nt cover it all and it was 95 pound extra per month what i would have had to pay on top of the 40 pound a month i already pay.im on with the council and housing association but ive got rent arrears from several years ago when i was younger and there was a mistake in the papers when my partner left so i incurred these arears and even though i pay them off they wont accept me until there paid in full so i really am against a brick wall.

hi im currently unemployed but lookin for work. does anybody know any landlords who take dss?

Not alot will lease to dss only full paying tenants

The majority of landlords that do take DSS tend to favour families/single parents rather than unemployed single people, sorry :( Hope you find somewhere soon, have you been getting the papers, some landlords advertise in there.

I know how you feel because i'v been in the exact same position. Iv just seen a one bed flat to rent on the forum. Its at Meersbrook and fully furnished and he's willing to accept housing benefit. Just go on properties available and I think its on page 2 or three. Good luck!

Why is it 99.99% of landlords now will not accept DSS payments? I have never had an issue with the council housing benefits being paid, anyone know why? Landlords?

Why is it 99.99% of landlords now will not accept DSS payments? I have never had an issue with the council housing benefits being paid, anyone know why? Landlords?

probably because they are sick of having to chase after tenants becos payments are not being made by the housing benefits side of it as they do seem to take forever so i hear.

Longest I have ever had to wait was 2 weeks, plus I thought thats what bonds were for, late rental payments?