Best Neighbourhoods in/around Sheffield?

You probably need to telephone a few taxi companies up to ask. However, would the 72 bus service Sheffield to Rotherham be suitable? Can’t comment on cycle routes - fond memories of cycling but alas, not now.

Thank you for your help

No, no problem at all. I like the areas. What are the cycle routes like ? Roughly how much would a taxi cost from Sheffield to Brinsworth as I don’t think my girlfriend would cycle to the area !

A taxi from Brinsworth to Sheffield city centre is about £15, slightly less for catcliffe.

A taxi from Brinsworth to Sheffield city centre is about £15, slightly less for catcliffe.

Thank you.

---------- Post added 03-04-2018 at 22:06 ----------

What is Chapeltown like to live in ?

You can get a house at Malin Bridge / Hillsborough within your budget, it may need some work though.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I can now broaden my search area, and hope to find a property soon

contrary to most opinion's given on this forum are wrong eg totley has, lets say

a colourful crime record to mention just one so called des risers

http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Subdivisions/MTW/9304/

compare with the worst part of the manor

https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/crime/s21wg

Your chart represents Dore and Totley.

Morning all!

Myself and my partner are looking to take the plunge and buy a 2 bed house (budget up to 100k) in Sheffield, but we don't know where to avoid and where to aim for.

We need to either be close to Sheffield station, or a short commute to Sheffield station should we need to commute to other cities for work (we're a management accountant and events logistics co-ordinator should you have any suggestions for places of work too!).

Thanks in advance :)

:help:

Morning all!

Myself and my partner are looking to take the plunge and buy a 2 bed house (budget up to 100k) in Sheffield, but we don't know where to avoid and where to aim for.

We need to either be close to Sheffield station, or a short commute to Sheffield station should we need to commute to other cities for work (we're a management accountant and events logistics co-ordinator should you have any suggestions for places of work too!).

Thanks in advance :)

:help:

At that price you're looking at mainly 100-year old terraced houses or ex-council houses. I'd go for the former in places with plenty of amenities and transport links nearby or which are close to better areas. For example Woodseats, Heeley, City Road.

The other option I would look at is a new-build flat. There are quite a few in interesting areas that are easily walkable from the train station or on the tram route.

Edited by Bilge

At that price you're looking at mainly 100-year old terraced houses or ex-council houses. I'd go for the former in places with plenty of amenities and transport links nearby or which are close to better areas. For example Woodseats, Heeley, City Road.

The other option I would look at is a new-build flat. There are quite a few in interesting areas that are easily walkable from the train station or on the tram route.

Yes, City Road area or nearby Granville Road/Stafford Road area. Don't know house prices for latter tho'.

Yes, City Road area or nearby Granville Road/Stafford Road area. Don't know house prices for latter tho'.

Brilliant, so would you say the Wybourn area is a good area? (probably won't be the best, but it isn't proper rough, is it?)

Brilliant, so would you say the Wybourn area is a good area? (probably won't be the best, but it isn't proper rough, is it?)

I can't comment on the Wybourn as I haven't been there since it was 'altered'.