The Specials - are back and playing in Sheffield on 23 april 2009

Legendary UK Ska band The Specials have reformed to play undertake a national tour to celebrate the bands 30th anniversary - cant wait.They are at the Carling Academy (Top Rank for gawd's sake!) on 23rd of Arpil 2009.

I saw them when I was 13 at Herringthorpe playing fields in Toy town (Rotherham) the very same week thay had got to No with Ghost Town in the summer of 1981.They split up a few months after that and so I and many others who were probably a bit too young to fully appreciate what a top band they were will be able to see them again now were a bit older I suppose what I'm trying to say is that we'll be able to skank away under the influence of a few sherberts!!!.The only downside is that their creator and visionary Jerry Dammers is not at the moment part of the line-up although god willing this will change.Tickets go on sale thurs 11th Dec 0844 477 2000.

See ya there.

Sounds good. Seen Neville Staples at the Corp a couple of times and he was ace :thumbsup:

I'm so excited. I grew up in Coventry and met the bad in 81 (when i was 11) This time i get to have a pint while i watch them.

It will be interesting as the Enemy are on in March who say the specials are a big influence. Will be good to compare.

Tickets on sale Thursday

Saw them at the Limit and Top Rank in the 70's, brilliant live.

Is Terry Hall going to be on tour with them? I wont see them unless Terry's there.

I was well up for this but at £32.50 a ticket + fees think I'll be giving it a miss...

Saw them at the Limit and Top Rank in the 70's, brilliant live.

Is Terry Hall going to be on tour with them? I wont see them unless Terry's there.

Yep apparently its all of them except Dammers. He is on better terms with them but still not joining. The band say the door is always open if he changes his mind.

Terry would have to be there. The sound would be totally different without him. He gave the interview with NME about the tour so its safe to say he's in.

£32 is a bit steep i agree. When you think the Enemy are £17 and they are getting to be pretty big at the moment (new album in March and supporting Oasis)

The thing is i can't imagine another chance to see them and i'd regret it if i didn't go.

The thing is i can't imagine another chance to see them and i'd regret it if i didn't go.

I can understand that if you're a big big fan. I saw Tom Waits earlier in the year despite the ludicrous ticket price, and don't regret going one bit.

Wooo Hooo what more is there to say.. Cant wait:hihi:

32.50 is a bargin,28 years since their last propr gig,roll on st.georges day,tickets go onsale in the morning but if you want to buy them tonight pm me for the link :thumbsup:

Legendary UK Ska band The Specials have reformed to play undertake a national tour to celebrate the bands 30th anniversary - cant wait.They are at the Carling Academy (Top Rank for gawd's sake!) on 23rd of Arpil 2009.

I saw them when I was 13 at Herringthorpe playing fields in Toy town (Rotherham) the very same week thay had got to No with Ghost Town in the summer of 1981.They split up a few months after that and so I and many others who were probably a bit too young to fully appreciate what a top band they were will be able to see them again now were a bit older I suppose what I'm trying to say is that we'll be able to skank away under the influence of a few sherberts!!!.The only downside is that their creator and visionary Jerry Dammers is not at the moment part of the line-up although god willing this will change.Tickets go on sale thurs 11th Dec 0844 477 2000.

See ya there.

I'd be very tempted, but scared of getting squashed by all the 40sommat skinheads...