Margaret ardens in the 1950s

Hi there anyone who went to margaret ardens. Me and my teddy bear ring any bells? Would love to hear from other dancers

My father Ernest Morton did the stage makeup for the dancing shows in the 1950s. I believe that they were held at the church, long demolished, that was at the junction of Ellesmere Road, Spital Hill and Burngreave Road.

He must have done the Montgomery then. I was lead from one side of the stage because I was one of the tallest. The teddies were loaned by redgates. Think there were family connection to the dancing school.

What sort of family connections? I am Ernests daughter but believe me his earlier life was complicated!! Grateful for any information!

It's my hazy memories you must understand. I remember someone by the name of Enid who wore fabulous jewellery. I was told that she was Margaret Arden's sister and that she was married to someone in the redgate family. But of course that was over 60 years ago. I could of course be wrong. Have no one alive to back it up. I was at the school four about 3years. My auntie lived nearby on gower Street. I have a photo of me in my tap outfit taken at Fred knaggs which would have been near to your property I think.

I may be able to help you more. Can we exchange views not so publicly. Think we may have a connection in another direction . any ideas?