Showroom Cinema

Hello

Does anyone else here frequent this place? (as a big fan of 'fringe' cinema, I've been attending weekly since I moved to Sheffield in the Summer)

Am I the only one who finds the Box Office staff hostile?

Seriously it's got the point where I'm considering abandoning the place and going elsewhere.

---------- Post added 01-10-2018 at 10:48 ----------

Oops this should have been posted in the 'Going Out' thread, can a MOD/ADMIN please move.

Thank you

Zz

---------- Post added 01-10-2018 at 10:52 ----------

Thank you ..

I'm a frequent user but have never found them hostile, maybe they are a bit complacent in their jobs.

Can you substantiate your claim a bit more with say some concrete examples?

I've always found all the staff there pleasant and helpful.

Isn`t that more of an admin exercise than a true guide?

There's truth in that. I just thought a business like showroom would skate through the exercise somehow.

Yes the OP has still not given a reason.

I sometimes find the bar people a bit slow when its busy, but they seem largely on the young side and not very experienced. I guess they recruit a lot of students from nearby for temp work.

I've always found all the staff there pleasant and helpful.

Me too.

The food's been pretty good as well when I've eaten there.

Yes the OP has still not given a reason.

Nor does the OP intend 'giving a reason' I've had negative experiences with the staff (one in particular) and I merely wished to know if anyone had endured similar ...

Hello

Does anyone else here frequent this place? (as a big fan of 'fringe' cinema, I've been attending weekly since I moved to Sheffield in the Summer)

Am I the only one who finds the Box Office staff hostile?

Seriously it's got the point where I'm considering abandoning the place and going elsewhere.

---------- Post added 01-10-2018 at 10:48 ----------

Oops this should have been posted in the 'Going Out' thread, can a MOD/ADMIN please move.

Thank you

Zz

---------- Post added 01-10-2018 at 10:52 ----------

Thank you ..

I am a frequent visitor, the staff is always very friendly, cinema has that nice retro touch and feeling. Reminds me of my youth, back in Croatia (former Yugoslavia at that time). Simple, cinema, just for the movies, not rocking chairs, 4d effects, etc.

I don't want to say, by no means, that Showroom is on the level with cinemas in former communist countries during the 80 s, just want to point at that nice level of simplicity, when going to the cinema was exactly that, going to the cinema, without nachos, wine, beer, sweets, special effects etc.

Edited by Guest

First I am challenged to provide "concrete examples" now we have someone discussing Croatian cinema in the 80's

Dear God ....

---------- Post added 06-10-2018 at 09:35 ----------

The staff member I have issues with looks like this ..

https://i.postimg.cc/MTN4cBv2/Max-_Schreck-_Nosferatu-006.jpg

Yes

First I am challenged to provide "concrete examples" now we have someone discussing Croatian cinema in the 80's

Dear God ....

---------- Post added 06-10-2018 at 09:35 ----------

The staff member I have issues with looks like this ..

https://i.postimg.cc/MTN4cBv2/Max-_Schreck-_Nosferatu-006.jpg

Yes

Who is discussing Croatian cinemas? I just gave an observation from my point of view.

The solution is pretty simple, if you don't like the cinema, the staff, just avoid it. "Dear God ...." .

Edited by Guest