Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

Hi

I'm sure this thread has been started before, but I was unable to find it and also wanted an update . . .

I live in a typical Victorian terraced and, as we'll be staying a few years, have decided to replace the original sash window downstairs. Most others along the street (Peveril Rd, opposite Endcliff Park) have double glazing but the results are mixed.

Can anyone recommend a company or offer advice? My budget is around £1500 - £2000.

Thanks

Hi

The company I work for have recentley fitted some windows on Peveril Road, there are various different styles of windows on the house's around there and im sure you will agree that some dont suit the style of propety. I work for Warwick Developement Retail and i am sure we would be able to meet your budjet or we also do Upvc sash windows which are fantastic, I have them in my own home and can highly recommend them our contact number is 01142 403368 and we will be pleased to assit you

Amanda

You can ring my husband on the number below or his mobile...07939136401. Sorry i cant give you a price but they would be happy to come out and give you a free quote. They have had quite a few happy customers from the sheffield forum. His name is Mark.

Thanks

Rachael

Hi there,

A friend of mine has a new Double glazing company, originally he had a Fascia & Soffit company and has now expanded to windows, doors and conservatories.

The company is Fasc UK based in sheffield, 0800 007 5351

Replacement Winodws - Fasc Uk

I had this dilema and have mulled it over for many months!

I wanted wood sash but in but after many quotes found it too expensive and couldnt justify the cost compared to upvc...

I'm in a victorian terrace and for the bay and upstairs window in woodern sliding sash or mock sash the quotes were £3500-£3800 just for the two windows!! (had quotes from leading sash window companies)

I've compromised and gone with Sheffield Window Centre who do a mock sash upvc and it's half the cost, having them fitted next week

Hope this helps! x

i work for pilkington i make double glazing windows they r one of best glass companys in sheffield

yeah, but, plastic just looks so tacky alongside the genuine wooden ones :(

there are companies that can do refurbishment on old sash windows so you don't have to replace the whole unit - especially as the original ones will be hardwood and not softwood

upvc only has a life expectancy of about 10-15 years, whereas hardwood lasts about 100 ;)

pst - Rachylou - your sig has 'conservatories' spelt wrong ;)

pst - Rachylou - your sig has 'conservatories' spelt wrong ;)

Don't know what your on about strix, of course i Know how to spell it.....You cant have been looking properly :hihi::hihi:

:P we owe you a call too - our softwood frames have finally given up the ghost and the panes are all misty :(

do you have a showroom?

:P we owe you a call too - our softwood frames have finally given up the ghost and the panes are all misty :(

do you have a showroom?

The shops currently under refurbishment at the moment so hopefully will be done quite soon.

If you want to nip in anytime or call my husband he'll show you all the differnent designs or photo's of the work he's done in his album.

There's always someone down in the work shop that will have a chat with you.

Rachael:)

A friend had their windows double glazed for their Victorian house by Frame Ups and they look fantastic. I have no personal interest in this at all (our house is standard double glazed by a different firm), I'm just very impressed with the work they did at my mates!

I contacted Frame Ups after starting this thread and they're fitting all our windows this month. As our rame are in good condition they're simply fitting double glazed inserts so it's worked out at about the same price as having UPVc and will look a lot nicer. They're decent guys to deal with, and they promised me that with each recommendation, they'll give you a £100 cashback. ;)