Does anyone remember City Front Mods?

city front mods? where you a member? 1979-81

i know someone who was in it carl otta and jenny baines

I remember them.. i was one of them!.. I remember both Karl and Jenny.. also Janine, gary smith, david smith, stuart cooper, paul and dale, lee dewsnap, warren, so many people but most of us had nicknames so although we kicked about every night we never always knew someones real name.. how bizzare is that?

Jumping on the 95 bus to go meet up with the commonside mods.. underage drinking in the woodburn (?).. Manor community centre disco with 4 different cultures in each corner, skins, mods, punks, trendies.. The moor on a saturday in the coffeeshop.. Being chased or chasing trendies to/from fargate.. the good ol days :)

i remember them and still knock about with carl today , infact he,s still got a scooter and we,re off to scarborough scooter rally at easter

i know someone who was in it carl otta and jenny baines

are you mad john ?

city front mods rings a bell, was that the mods on the manor top??

Near the Manor top.. we all hung around outside the music shop further down city road, i think it was carlsbro..

The name woody rings a bell...

hi karl otter here remember it well i was the first one about 1981 then my mate gary smith became a mod then dale lyles aka chicken followed by oliver salmons ozzie we gat a right lot of hassle as you can imagine off local skins, then lots of younger mods appeared or became interested now about 1983 and a new enemy the trendies arrived aswell before we knew it quite a crowd ouyside the carsboro sound centre, i got a scooter about 84 and started to do scooter rallies which i still do today with old mate greg. weirdly enough gus from the city front has contacted me and hes got a scooter and reliving his youth aswell. i now live in nottingham but in sheffield every weekend, any one who knows me stop by and say hello, who knows we could even have a revival::hihi:

Hehe.. Yeah, lets get it on.. Hi again Karl, tis me Guz :)

I was one of the 82/83 young uns that joined the group but (and i still don't know why!) left it behind a few years later in 85/86..

I went to hurlfield school and as far as i remember was the first mod in the school at that time, surprisingly i didn't get too much flack from the trendies and skins and had a couple of mates join the cause too.. trying to track them down, Jamie bingham, lee dewsnap.. and it would be great to see all the crowd.. we are not getting any younger!

HI GUZ, the do at the embassy was last week but fat piggy does them all the time so ill let you know when the next one is keep the faith karl

Found the info Karl..

"a meet for scooters and people from all clubs and citys, music, scooter talk and friends from 2 till 7 on the first sunday of every month"

Next one is 6th march..