Mass brawl at Sheffield School

I must have imagined the report on Look North tonight.:rolleyes:

It isn’t national news, because not much happened in the end. If the knives, guns and wounded teachers had really happened, then it would be. As things stand, it was a nasty local incident, well dealt with by the police.

I live in Skeggy . but get yorkshire news, as an exile i have a keen interest in Sheffield news, tv coverage has been very limited compared to the web !!

I live in Skeggy . but get yorkshire news, as an exile i have a keen interest in Sheffield news, tv coverage has been very limited compared to the web !!

When I mentioned it to my wife, who doesn't come on here, she already knew, she said "it's all over the internet". :o

Why do you not think it was a riot? I dont know what your definition of riot is but in my book it very much qualifies as one.

As far as I know, a riot is a legal definition for the purpose of insurance claims and government compensation. I'm not sure that this would qualify as one.

If sheffield star calls something a riot or intense flood I dont worry.

Most media outlets exaggerate it's not an exclusive trait of The Sheffield Star, it's pretty much endemic in modern British media, which brand of media exaggeration do you accept as reasonable :huh:

Most media outlets exaggerate it's not an exclusive trait of The Sheffield Star, it's pretty much endemic in modern British media, which brand of media exaggeration do you accept as reasonable :huh:

You are spot on and it's not just British media. Some reporters would write about a fart if it came from a celebrity or a politician.

Perhaps you can explain why your rumour-mongering is helpful? The same goes for everyone who had a quick ride on the bandwagon to bash whichever ethnic group they don't like. Clearly it was an unpleasant incident but since some of the key 'details' are now being dismissed as untrue, there is no point in speculating on what may or may not have happened.

I notice that The Star, the shame of Sheffield, are now terming it a 'RIOT' on their cack website, but the only people who termed it a riot in the first place were the Sheffield Star. Still, it doubtless got a good amount of traffic to the page where they had sold advertising space and they can now go to their clients and say 'look how many hits that page got' and make some good money out of it, so that's the main thing.

Look at the videos on line does , and the comments from parents that was there no Rumour-mongering

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 02:15 ----------

That area is bad and won't get any better no- matter how much funds are chucked at it, The school has had a lot of funds over years and land at side ready to be made even bigger school bottom line is you can't chuck a number of Race/Religion people in a area and expect them to get on ! I've no doubt things will get worse but there's no solution because you can't move some of them to other areas in city

Look at the videos on line does , and the comments from parents that was there no Rumour-mongering

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 02:15 ----------

That area is bad and won't get any better no- matter how much funds are chucked at it, The school has had a lot of funds over years and land at side ready to be made even bigger school �� bottom line is you can't chuck a number of Race/Religion people in a area and expect them to get on ! I've no doubt things will get worse �� but there's no solution because you can't move some of them to other areas in city

my bold=

Why can’t they?

The area has been multicultural for the last 30 years and yes you get odd incidents of violence but it doesn’t mean the majority of different race/religions can’t get on.

I was down there tonight and no issues or rioting going on.

Stop making it a race/religion issue as it isn’t,

my bold=

Why can’t they?

The area has been multicultural for the last 30 years and yes you get odd incidents of violence but it doesn’t mean the majority of different race/religions can’t get on.

I was down there tonight and no issues or rioting going on.

Stop making it a race/religion issue as it isn’t,

Religion is responsible for most of the Worlds riots ,wars and other major problems .

A report from inside... it started in the canteen/cafeteria knives and forks being used as weapons. A teacher pulled to the ground and kicked. Kids trying to get into the kitchen area. Minor injuries with some blood shed. Lot's of frightened children who weren't involved and frightened staff too. Parents trying to scale the perimeter fence with baseball bats and sticks too.

This is a true first hand account of what happened and what is not being reported by the press as well as being played down by any officials in what is fast becoming a powder keg area of Sheffield.

Thats exactly as i was advised by someone in the food hall at the time. The pupils don't like each other and they are from backgrounds where the ancient methods of resolving issues are still practiced.

This is not a trite comment - but English is a second language for a lot of them - dialogue isn't possible even if they wanted it to be.

Thats exactly as i was advised by someone in the food hall at the time. The pupils don't like each other and they are from backgrounds where the ancient methods of resolving issues are still practiced.

This is not a trite comment - but English is a second language for a lot of them - dialogue isn't possible even if they wanted it to be.

It's a ridiculous comment; English as a second language means they speak English in addition to their mother tongue.

Secondly, 'dialogue isn't possible even if they wanted it to be' is utter nonsense.

Your comments appear to suggest that it's impossible for schools with a large BME population to have close, productive and respectful relationships between students, which is self evidently not true.

The issue isn't the fact that the school serves a diverse community - it's the fact that it's poorly managed and run.

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 07:24 ----------

Religion is responsible for most of the Worlds riots ,wars and other major problems .

Simply untrue.

What a load of unsubstantiated bilge. Full of generalisations and sweeping comments based on what? Your first hand experience in that school?Or second hand by "someone" who was in the food hall!