Any ex Firth Park School lads n lassies out there?

does he have a sister called kathy???did he have a body repair shop on burton street?

i went to School with Wayne Roddis

Hi you lot anybody know what happened to Yvonne Ware ?

hiya all,

well now, Yvonne Ware ????

there's a name from the past - as soon as i saw it, i remembered the name.

i was at firth park school - lived on Barnsley road 200 yards away, started at Hatfield House Lane and when they merged i swapped to the "Brushes" site.

I reckon Yvonne must've been in my class - teacher may have been Mrs Carr ?

my name is Anthony Cardona (Tony) - anyone remember me ? (i'm 58 now)

these threads are very interesting but the memories seem to be getting a bit

cloudier.

Hi Tony, are you by any chance related to Betty Cardona ? She used to be a teacher at Hatfield House Lane School. She was then Betty Ellis.

hi

no relation at all but we are aware of the name.

i seem to remember that she had (or was something to do with) a dance school (i think) and my mum used to get loads of queries and then had to explain they'd got the wrong person.

never actually met betty but i think she knew of us too.

---------- Post added 05-03-2016 at 14:28 ----------

just remembered-

think the name was Betty Cadona (without the 'R')

Its great to see so many people talking about & sharing their stories from school. I'm sure most of you, including myself, enjoyed the time we spent there. Oh By the way, I was there in the 70's & left in 1975. I havent recognised any of the pupils names as yet but the teachers, boy do they bring back memories.....lets see, there was Mr Sanderson(Headteacher), Mr (Wally) Webster(Deputy),Miss Maggie Meeham(Deputy),Mr Doug Jennings(Maths),Mr John Jackson(Music),Mr Peter Adams(Art),Mr Alan Renshaw(Physics),Mr Pilley & Mr Goeff Copley(both Geography), Mr Alan(Adolph) Smith,Mr (Boris)Haywood(Russian),Miss Howdle(French),Mr Pete Stain & Mr Roger Sherwood(Boys P.E. & Games),Miss Betty Cordoba(Nee Ellis)(Girls P.E. & Games),Mr Upton & Mr Ian Critchley(both Chemistry),Mr Tom Lockwood(Metalwork & Tech Drawing),Mr Robert Foster(woodwork),Mr (Chiselchin) Sedlemier(Metalwork),Mr Dave Bonnet(Maths) & last but not least....Mr Spike Johnson(History). To give you a clue as to whom I spent my school years with, here are some of the pupils that were there at the same time as me...

BOYS: Paul (tomo)Thompson, Andrew(Wombat)Wilson, Kevin Kimpton, Paul Stobbs, Andrew Croxton, Dougie Bullock, Phil Milburn, Keith Graham, Neil (scooby)Davis, Phil Davis, Paul Swift, Neil Clarke, Philip Thew, Philip (Dalos) Dale, Andrew Drinkwater, Kim Wood, Steven (swimmer)Allen, Stephen kirk, Lloyd Siddall, Tim Needham, Steven Braithwaite, Brian Abdulah, Sean Coulson, Michael Tetley, Goeff Hazelhurst.

GIRLS: Jean Short, Karen Hickman, Sharon Fox, Diane Cottam, Julie Clarke, Jackie Broadbent, Mavis Cutts, Shelly Harrison, Beverly Kidd, Karen Platts, Jane Shemeld.

I've now got a headache trying to remeber all those people, but it was worth it just to take a stroll down 'Memory Lane'. (A bit of a cliche, but what the hell!!!).

I suppose by now you are all wondering who the heck I might be, .......I'll keep you guessing a little longer........watch this space........

OMG, I remember all those names some of whom I went through Firshill Infant and Junior school with.

A repost of a earlier one...

My 'best mate' of my teenage years - Dave Hurst (Hirst?)....older than me, so I guess about 67 now.

He would've left FP Grammar in 1966/67/68.

Can't remember why he went to Firth Park, 'cos his parents lived in Todwick....

Wonder where he got to, all these years later?

Had a younger brother - Paul? - and a younger sister, Jane.

Seem to recall that his nickname at school was 'Rusty'...big Rolling Stones fan in the day - maybe still is! (Went to see the Stones together at the Gaumont, 1964?)

One other thing has just come back to me - he "ran away from home", along with a guy called Les Flinders, some time in 1965?

Only lasted a week "on the run", but were spotted in the Todwick Grange gardens - presumably getting up enough courage to go home!

I started there in 1968 we were the last intake to take the 11 plus. I started in 1 Y and had many great friends and memories Left in 1978 to go to Hull University and then left the area. Only still in touch with one old friend from those days but would be glad to hear from anyone who was there at that time

Hello

Suzanne Powell

1970-77 left after Sixth Form - now living in London.

anyone out there from that time?

I have recently read a book by Robert Edric who is a prolific author and was at Firth Park Grammar under the name Robert Armitage. He lived at Ecclesfield then. Its surprising how many people from Sheffield who have done really well don't get recognition!

My Dad was a student at Firth Park school back in the days when it was a grammar school but a very long time ago.

He would have started there at the age of 11 in 1938 !

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=firth+park+grammar+school+photos&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=0vTwV7qGHrPA8ge8orfYBw

After my Dads time but someone might recognise themselves on some of these pictures.

https://firthparkgrammarschool.wordpress.com/

Edited by Daven