Where was your paper round when you were younger?

Mine was on the shiregreen. I did the bottom end of harteybrook road from the shops right down to where the sicey hotel used to be plus all side roads. My star round had about 76 papers. I did every morning and 6 nights for £5 a week.

Mine was on the Arbourthorne.I had about 50 papers (The Star) every day and the News of the World on Sunday all for 2 shillings and sixpence a week.But that was in 1964 65.

ps Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

My paper round (1963), Started at Elstones paper shop,nethershire lane,lower shiregreen,up Bellhouse rd,then turn left,Oaks Fold, then down Mason laithe rd all the way to the Penquin,then the Ravine, If my memory is correct,for 7 mornings and 6 nights(The Star), I got 14 Shillings, Always remember getting paid after our sunday morning round,and spending 2 shillings on sweets and pop in the same shop.

In those days I thought I was loaded when I got my pay,(A Ten shilling note,and 2 Florins) :-)

Mine was loxely road. No sun or mirror readers up there. All daily mail readers and the guardian. My bag weighed a tonne. They always had the smallest letter boxes for the biggest papers too. I dont think I used to end up with much money left. I used to spend most of it on chocolates and crisps while I was delivering the papers. :D

Mine was Gleadless Road, Abney and the tower blocks across from Newfield Green, or Fleury, Spring Close and Middle Hay. Often did both routes, I was somewhat fitter in those days :)

Bastock Rd Tanfield Rd, Then Penistone,Winster Rd Parkside Rd..all round Owlerton really.

Mornings/Evenings/Green uns/ Sundays.

papers plus grocery deliveries (Hemmings) Wadsley lane. Then helping at Peats buchers.

I actually earned more at 14 years old (1959/60) than i got in my first proper weeks wage packet when i left school......Xmas tips were good too.

Mine was Woodhouse and Woodhouse Mill for Alan Holdsworth, happy days Sundays was always harder most houses had 2 to 4 papers and they were heavy, but Christmas was good the tips were more than 3 months pay.

Mornings up Tom Lane-only stuck that hill a week:rant:

Evenings Cruise Rd/Hangingwater

started delivering The Star Weekly on a Thursday but got fed up and dumped them all in the stream next to the Chinese.Needless to say I quit before I got sussed:suspect:

well mine was Bocking lane , sharpe ave, glenview road, Humphry road , meadowhead avenue, and Allenby rise. great tips at christmas lol i can still remeber the numbers i delievered to aswell so thats very sad lol

Mine was Hunt Street,Bellfield Street,HammondStreet and Cross Hammond Street with a lot of back to back house's then St. Phillips Road,Watery Street, Malinda Street, Henry Street,and Montgomery Terrace Road which was split into two but it was morning papers,Stars,Green U'n and Sunday Mornings as well as collecting on Green U'n round Saturday night's all for 12/6 per week in the 50s

Mine was 1953/4 Parson Cross, Wordsworth Ave /Margetsos Crescent and Millnrow Drive and Road

Just over 100 customers

Twice a day, once for the morning papers and once for the Star.

Thursday special delivery 'Radio Times.

Saturday Green-Un Sunday I needed a wagon to carry them

Fri night I collected, all for 12/6 a week

Richmond 1953/4 - Stradbroke Road, Richmond Hill Road, Richmond Place. Mornings and evenings - 6/6d per week or a tanner a round. In retrospect, slave labour but we were glad of the money.