Radio Luxembourg

this was a brill pirate radio station in the seventies

it was on at night, could only get it from about 9 o'clock

Tony Prince was the dj........he played all the latest chart stuff, the only problem was the reception was really bad and all I had was little tranny radio :(

everytime a good song came on there was a load of crackling and then some foreign voice would be talkin over your fave song :rant:

then it would come back just for the last few seconds of the song :hihi:

Could get it before the 70's. I remember listening to it early 60's I'm sure...even before that if that's where I listened to Dan Dare as well.......

Could get it before the 70's. I remember listening to it early 60's I'm sure...even before that if that's where I listened to Dan Dare as well.......

you are proberbly right joan, I only listened to it in the early to mid seventies when i was a teenager, there was no other radio station playing pop music at night in those days :(

you are proberbly right joan, I only listened to it in the early to mid seventies when i was a teenager, there was no other radio station playing pop music at night in those days :(

My parent's listened to it during the war

The Ovaltinies were a Lux item

:|

this was a brill pirate radio station in the seventies

it was on at night, could only get it from about 9 o'clock

Tony Prince was the dj........he played all the latest chart stuff, the only problem was the reception was really bad and all I had was little tranny radio :(

everytime a good song came on there was a load of crackling and then some foreign voice would be talkin over your fave song :rant:

then it would come back just for the last few seconds of the song :hihi:

It wasn't pirate

It was a legitimate commercial station broadcasting from Luxembourg

Caroline was a pirate....didn't that come along in the 70's:?:

It wasn't pirate

It was a legitimate commercial station broadcasting from Luxembourg

yeah thanks for that....proberbly because it was broadcast from luxemburg had such a rubbish reception

I am thinkin tony prince worked on radio caroline before luxy :roll:

I also used to buy the magazine Fab 208 :)

I once wrote to Dave Christian and he played a request for my late Mums' birthday. Thanks, Dave...

I used to listen to radio Luxemburg in the sixties.

the charts used to come on at 11-00 our time,on Sunday nights, very confusing when we changed the clocks.

I had a little red trannie and used to listen to it under the covers as I was always in bed amd mum and dad thought I was asleep

I always had problems waking up mondays for school I wonder why that was?????

I used to listen to radio Luxemburg in the sixties.

the charts used to come on at 11-00 our time,on Sunday nights, very confusing when we changed the clocks.

I had a little red trannie and used to listen to it under the covers as I was always in bed amd mum and dad thought I was asleep

I always had problems waking up mondays for school I wonder why that was?????

yeah I used to listen to it under the covers too,:hihi: with a little ear plug thing that used to go in one ear..............kids today dont know they're born do they :roll:

yeah I used to listen to it under the covers too,:hihi: with a little ear plug thing that used to go in one ear..............kids today dont know they're born do they :roll:

I never knew about ear plugs for radios back then.

did you have to keep turning the dial and or the radio to make sure you kept clear reception? it always went off the channel at the best moments of my favourite songs