Veritas 8 Burglar alarm advice

Mine started going off willy nilly/ apparently it needed a new battery.

Joojoo

Thanks for the reply, I will make replacement a priority.

I’ve already had another sleepless night.

Replace smoke alarm ...they have a 10 year lifespan ...as it is a smoke alarm , they will set off the alarm wether set or unset !

Hi Mark

Thanks for the response, I am going to change the battery and bearing in mind your username will change the detectors too

---------- Post added 27-10-2017 at 05:24 ----------

Hi Mark, managed to swap out the battery but not the detector yet. As anticipated it went off again. Is there a local pick up for the sectors. I have ordered two online but fear they won’t arrive before the weekend.

I live in Worksop but can travel

Thanks in anticipation

Depending on model ? you can bypass the detectors untill the new ones arrive, you would have to post a picture if the detector wiring

Hi Mark

Thanks for that. I think I might receive the units tomorrow. If not I will run until Monday without cover. A calculated risk but I will take it.

Thanks again for your answer

Regards

Stuart

Hi,

As all of other I have problem with my Veritas 8c (CFB-0001) I'll try to explain:

I have code which I use daily for set up alarm - all fine

There was some works at house and many power cuts - alarm get crazy and we switch it off. All works done and I would like to program zones.

When I try to get to engineer mode to reprogram some zones I type-in my code than prog all diode light up but I can only use 2 or 3 functions from programing - it seams I have only user code not engineer code. I tried 1234 or 4321 and doesn't work at all. How I can revert to factory setting so I can use engineer code again and setup this as I want.

It needs factory defaulting , BUT ...if the person who has installed the alarm has engineer locked the panel it's won't work ! You won't know untill you do the default procedure ( this is all in the engineer installation manual ) the panel will then need totally reprogramming.