The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

A remoaner, confused as to whether he should jump country or not, couldn't quite make it to the finish.

You know what, I think many leave voters have gone so far down the rabbit hole they can’t be reasoned with.

Do you think all these warnings from industry are just for fun.

You know what, I think many leave voters have gone so far down the rabbit hole they can’t be reasoned with.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

So many leave voters totally swallowed all the populist nonsense about leaving the EU and literally bet their future on it. Now that everything they were promised has turned out to be a big fat lie, they can't admit it, even to themselves.

For Peter, Carboot Mafya and all the other Brextremists who post on here.

Do you think all these warnings from industry are just for fun.

Yes it seems so.

"BMW's Brexit U-turn: German car giant will NOT quit the UK in no deal scenario"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/979757/brexit-news-bmw-quit-uk-no-deal-airbus-siemens

Yes it seems so.

"BMW's Brexit U-turn: German car giant will NOT quit the UK in no deal scenario"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/979757/brexit-news-bmw-quit-uk-no-deal-airbus-siemens

There is no other difference than timescale, between “closing factories” (yesterday’s message) and “not pulling investment out” (which is the statement reported by your Express link): a factory starved of investment eventually closes (rather soon, in the premium automotive segment, as well), you don’t need to take anything ‘out’ or ‘back’ from it.

Interesting that your linked article reprises the low investment level of £347m this year (to date) in the automotive industry, relative to the full year total of £1.1bn last year; but then doesn’t push the investigative boat out to consider the 2016 (£1.6bn) and 2015 (£2.5bn) levels for the full trend. On the face of the full historical series, you’d swear “something happened” in 2016... :D

Yes it seems so.

Another view on the car industry

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/26/brexit-uncertainty-putting-860000-jobs-at-risk-warns-car-industry

There is no other difference than timescale, between “closing factories” (yesterday’s message) and “not pulling investment out” (which is the statement reported by your Express link): a factory starved of investment eventually closes (rather soon, in the premium automotive segment, as well), you don’t need to take anything ‘out’ or ‘back’ from it.

Interesting that your linked article reprises the low investment level of £347m this year (to date) in the automotive industry, relative to the full year total of £1.1bn last year; but then doesn’t push the investigative boat out to consider the 2016 (£1.6bn) and 2015 (£2.5bn) levels for the full trend. On the face of the full historical series, you’d swear “something happened” in 2016... :D

Keep trying,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=spinning+top&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=mRqosSHgZQx0RM%253A%252CfQwS1yT6EuZYxM%252C_&usg=__qhip5o5Ko67jmS3xy9jDR7v3v4E%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSmsXpyfHbAhXsLMAKHYW7DJkQ9QEI6QEwDw#imgrc=_

Trying what?

Have you anyhting substantive to say at all on the matter? You've led this country down the garden path to mediocrity and economic stagnation and all you can come up with is a spinning top?

Trying what?

Have you anyhting substantive to say at all on the matter? You've led this country down the garden path to mediocrity and economic stagnation and all you can come up with is a spinning top?

To be fair, it's more than they usually come up with :hihi:

To be fair, it's more than they usually come up with :hihi:

Sadly you are entirely correct.

The head of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders said much the same on the BBC news earlier today:

I asked Mr Hawes what the effect would be if there was no "deal" with the EU agreed before the end of the year.

"It won't be an overnight closure but it could be a death by a thousand cuts," he told me.

"Gradually the competitiveness of the UK is eroded, making it that much harder to attract the investment, and it's the investment that makes it [the UK car sector] so competitive.

If a group of people were able to make decisions that affected me I think I'd sooner be in that group than looking in from the outside wondering what they're going to do...and then having to fit in with whatever they decided..

Yet again the moderating team have had to use their time to clear up your messes. Let me make this perfectly clear. Any further personal attacks will get all participants a permanent suspension.

The thread is going to be locked for a while so you all get a chance to read and understand this and to hopefully learn how to amend your posting styles.