Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

its to open in the new year what this thread.

I would imagine the only value to the place is the land it stands on?

pity there cant be a fundraising thing like the gardeners to buy it I didnt realise it was so old is it listed?

According to post 21 it is grade II listed.

I would imagine the only value to the place is the land it stands on?

Which is a refuse tip or similar according to an earlier post . Good side about it you aint got far to throw your rubbish away. :hihi::hihi:

Thinking about reopening it? Been closed since 2007 after been damaged in the flood nice building.

The owner never got back to me but I didn't want it as a pub, I had some other ideas for it. Instead it's just left to rot. I don't understand why people sit on these properties rather than sell them, although I'm willing to bet it will have something to do with getting more money, eventually.

Farfield Pub Hillfoot Bridge, will it ever re-open again.

Taken last year i think.

Anybody know the history of this car?

It was Ralf`s car, the landlord who we nicknamed "Arkwright " as he was open all hours.

---------- Post added 27-12-2016 at 22:08 ----------

If it was a white one, it belonged to Ralph Salt, the old landlord.

Remember his missus Sue ?

It was Ralf`s car, the landlord who we nicknamed "Arkwright " as he was open all hours.

---------- Post added 27-12-2016 at 22:08 ----------

Remember his missus Sue ?

Yep, she used to sit in front of the fire drinking brandy :hihi:

Yep, she used to sit in front of the fire drinking brandy :hihi:

She certainly did mate. Ralf was a one off. If anyone was not cut out to be a landlord, it was Ralf.

She certainly did mate. Ralf was a one off. If anyone was not cut out to be a landlord, it was Ralf.

He couldnt organise a p*ss up in a brewery :hihi:

That Cortina reached a bit of a cult status with me and my mates. I used to drive past it on my way to work. In 10 years I don't think it ever moved.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 22:54 ----------

The owner never got back to me but I didn't want it as a pub, I had some other ideas for it. Instead it's just left to rot. I don't understand why people sit on these properties rather than sell them, although I'm willing to bet it will have something to do with getting more money, eventually.

It would be brilliant if someone saved the Farfield, not necessarily as a pub, just to stop the building from rotting beyond repair would be good. I always feel a little sad when I go past these days, it looks so forlorn.

I must admit, I think I developed a bit of a fascination with the place after all those years of driving past it. Even when it was open it looked intriguing. Never brave enough to step inside though!

That Cortina reached a bit of a cult status with me and my mates. I used to drive past it on my way to work. In 10 years I don't think it ever moved.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 22:54 ----------

It would be brilliant if someone saved the Farfield, not necessarily as a pub, just to stop the building from rotting beyond repair would be good. I always feel a little sad when I go past these days, it looks so forlorn.

I must admit, I think I developed a bit of a fascination with the place after all those years of driving past it. Even when it was open it looked intriguing. Never brave enough to step inside though!

It's sad isn't it? We would have lovingly worked in it, bit by bit. I went to a couple of gigs there, my ex hubby was in a local punk band in the late 80's. I remember seeing them play upstairs.