Peak District knowledge needed!

Okay. So I watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves the other day for the first time in years. Remember the scene where Robin fights John Little on the waterfalls/river? Well I couldve sworn I saw a photo of the exact same waterfalls/river on the front of a Peak District map in Tesco yesterday. Does anybody know where this is?

I'm wrong, its Aysgarth Falls in the dales. Where could that photograph have been of then?

The picture on the map is the weir at Monsal Dale, if you google it you should find a few examples, monsal dale has the viaduct and also the large weir

The falls in the film are the ones in north yorks, make sure you go after a lot of rain as they don't look anything like the film in the summer!

The famous tree is at sycamore gap on hadrians wall between steel rig car park and Crag Lough.

Edited by Nickscape

a little off topic i know but little john is buried in hathersage church just in case you didn't know

Thanks guys! Yeh, the falls at Monsal dale are the ones on the booklet in tesco, just googled them now. I had no idea John was buried in hathersage!

Thanks guys! Yeh, the falls at Monsal dale are the ones on the booklet in tesco, just googled them now. I had no idea John was buried in hathersage!

"Allegedly"!

It is only known for sure that a very tall bloke (as indicated by an allegedly excavated bone) may have been buried there. Nobody even knows if there ever was a 'Little John' for sure though. Edited by saxon51

Oh don't spoil it, the kids love it, Little John IS buried in Hathersage churchyard, up the hill past the Scotsman Pack pub.

Oh don't spoil it, the kids love it, Little John IS buried in Hathersage churchyard, up the hill past the Scotsman Pack pub.
Okay! Okay! So there was a Little John. Wasn't he the bloke who killed Santa?:)