How to send parcels to the guys in the army

i was watching the news the other day, and they were packing little parcels of choclates and such for our men and women fighting in araq and such places. i would like to send a parcel or 2, does anybody knoow how i would do it please. ive looked on the net but not really found much

i was watching the news the other day, and they were packing little parcels of choclates and such for our men and women fighting in araq and such places. i would like to send a parcel or 2, does anybody knoow how i would do it please. ive looked on the net but not really found much
try typing british forces post office, see if that comes up with owt

last year when my brother was in afghan i was made aware of http://www.uk4u.org/ it is a charity that sends xmas parcels to EVERY serving member in war, each parcel was valued at £50 but due to bulk buying they cost £15, i donate £3 a month and over the year this will pay for just over 2. I know for a fact they are very much appreciated by the boys and girls who receive them. A very worthwhile cause for our guys doing a fantastic and brave job.

last year when my brother was in afghan i was made aware of http://www.uk4u.org/ it is a charity that sends xmas parcels to EVERY serving member in war, each parcel was valued at £50 but due to bulk buying they cost £15, i donate £3 a month and over the year this will pay for just over 2. I know for a fact they are very much appreciated by the boys and girls who receive them. A very worthwhile cause for our guys doing a fantastic and brave job.

thanks, i totally agree with you. i dont know anybody in the army and i cant imagine what they have to go through, ive been sending parcels for ophan children for years and when i saw this on tv i really wanted to do it for them too, thanks for the link i will check it out now x

There was something in the paper the other day about unsolicited parcels sent to the troops. They were saying that while the thought is much appreciated, quite a lot of the contents were inappropriate. Chocolate melts in the heat, shower gel is no use if you wash in a bucket, and last year they were considering going on patrol in santa suits, so many were sent! So I'd get some advice about what would be most welcome.

There was something in the paper the other day about unsolicited parcels sent to the troops. They were saying that while the thought is much appreciated, quite a lot of the contents were inappropriate. Chocolate melts in the heat, shower gel is no use if you wash in a bucket, and last year they were considering going on patrol in santa suits, so many were sent! So I'd get some advice about what would be most welcome.

i will do that thank you

Sheffield United currently have arrangements to send parcels to the armed forces in Afghanistan etc.

More info :thumbsup:...

---------------------------------------------

Comfort parcels for troops

Sheffield United are helping to collect comfort boxes for the troops who are currently serving in places such as Afghanistan in time for Christmas. If you want to get involved please drop off your shoe box sized box at the Blades Superstore from now until Saturday 21 November.

A piece of mail or a parcel is worth its weight in gold to someone posted far from home, family and friends. Donations, large or small, are very much appreciated. Items required for the boxes include (although the list is not exhaustive):

SMALL SHOWER GEL

ROLL ON DEODRANT

SHAMPOO

DISPOSABLE RAZORS

SHAVING GEL (IN TUBES)

LIP BALM

TOOTHBRUSHES

TOOTHPASTE

BOILED SWEETS

CEREAL BARS

SUNBLOCK AND AFTER-SUN

GERMOLINE

FOOT POWDER / TALC

PLAYING CARDS / TRAVEL GAMES

SOAP

ANTI-BACTERIAL HANDWASH

BISCUITS (NOT CHOCOLATE/CREAMS)

PENS

TINNED FOODS (SMALL TINS)

DRIED FRUIT / NUTS

DRINKS (CARTONS / POUCHES)

CRISPS / PRINGLES

CHEWING GUM

TEA BAGS / COFFEE

TRAVEL WASH (FOR CLOTHES)

OXO

TAMPAX / SANITARY TOWELS

TISSUES (SMALL PACKETS)

PACKET SOUPS

POT NOODLES

SOCKS (MALE / FEMALE)

UNDERWEAR (MALE / FEMALE)

NOVELTY CHRISTMAS ITEMS

For more information about the parcels please contact [email protected] or visit http://www.comfortparcelsfortroops.moonfruit.com

The Blades match against Peterborough United has been designated ‘Forces Day’, please see http://www.sufc.co.uk in the next few weeks for more information.