The Moor Manpowers Building

Can Some one tell me why we can not have our road back at the bottom of the moor . and at the same time get rid of that monstrosatiy,the man powers building, It Was put there without our permision by the old commisars of sheffield. I would like to be able to walk down the moor and straight on to London rd as we use to do

If they'd done as promised and opened up the walkway through the building then that'd be nice. I have a vague recollection that it was never opened on security grounds.

The large sculpture in front of the building has never been my cup of tea but as it is no longer a water feature it looks even more nasty.

The Manpower building is going to be demolished if you read the local papers.

Some of the staff are moving into St Paul's area not sure where the rest are going. You will have your wish after all

Eeh, to ride up t' Moor on t' open top tram 'd be lovely.

Actually, I agree and believe the city has suffered ever since the Moor was closed to traffic in the mid-to-late 1970s.

The building in question severed a main artery into and out of the city. That's council planners for you, ruination at the stroke of a pen.

Can Some one tell me why we can not have our road back at the bottom of the moor . and at the same time get rid of that monstrosatiy,the man powers building, It Was put there without our permision by the old commisars of sheffield. I would like to be able to walk down the moor and straight on to London rd as we use to do

Hey great first post, what took you so long :hihi:

The Manpower building is going to be demolished if you read the local papers.

Some of the staff are moving into St Paul's area not sure where the rest are going. You will have your wish after all

It is but I though that they have delayed it?

If they'd done as promised and opened up the walkway through the building then that'd be nice. I have a vague recollection that it was never opened on security grounds.

Technically you can still get through (or at least you could when I last worked there a few years back). Just go through the entrance into the reception area, then take the door to your left to walk past the carpark entrance to the rear.

Technically you can still get through (or at least you could when I last worked there a few years back). Just go through the entrance into the reception area, then take the door to your left to walk past the carpark entrance to the rear.

Only staff can do that, as its a government building only government staff are permitted, however as has been mentioned it should be demolished sometime next year i think it is

How long has that building been there for? I've always known it as the Lego building!

it celebrated its 25 anniversary i think it was the year before last

The Manpower building is going to be demolished if you read the local papersl

Don't hold your breath!

The building will definitely be demolished at some point, as it has been identified as a cause of fragmentation in the city center. The natural route from the Moor to London Road is entirely cut off because of it, and that area will improve greatly once the link is restored. Of course, the council won't remove the inner ring road, so some level of fragmentation is still going to be present, but hopefully the broken pieces of the city center can start to heal back together.