Breastfeeding Awareness Week - Picnic in the Gardens

Breastfeeding Awareness Week 11th-17th May 2009

Join us for a picnic in the Peace Gardens (or Winter Gardens if wet) on Tuesday 12th May

10 am Meet on the Town Hall steps and then we shall walk around to the Peace gardens for a picnic (or the Winter Gardens).

The Lord Mayor will be joining us between 10 – 11 am and we shall have a photo opportunity while she is with us.

There will be healthy snacks and drinks and a chance to sit and enjoy the morning sun, we hope.

The NCT will be there too, and we all welcome EVERYONE to support this important event.

For more information contact:

• Anita Ellis (PCT) Tel. 0114 3051042 or [email protected]

I can't make it, sadly, but I wish I could. It sounds like a lot of fun. Well done for highlighting the issue again.

Anyone interested in supporting breastfeeding might want to email your MP an advance of the breastfeeding clause being debated in Parliament next week:

• Email your Member of Parliament to ask them to support the breastfeeding clause in the Equality Bill which will be debated in Parliament this Monday, 11th May. You can send your MP a prewritten email by visiting http://www.breastfeedingmanifesto.org.uk/emailmp.php