Loud explosions heard s6

Anyone hear these loud bangs ,particular last night around 4am?

Been going on a few nights now,just one very large bang and then a few seconds later another one,absolutely sick of it,my dogs then start barking and won't shut up.

I didn't hear the ones at 4am, but heard a loud singular bang at about 9pm last night just up from Hillsbrough Park Bowling Club. Sounded more like a gunshot than the typical firework bang.

We’re in S35 and there has been loads of extremely loud gunshots on regular occasions lately, and last Monday they went on for 5 hours. I reported to the council and to 101 and apparently there had been lots of complaints. It was suggested on a number of occasions that it’s pigeon scaring/shooting, but whatever it is it’s completely unacceptable to be so loud and go on for so long and have such an impact on a community.

I hope whatever it is happening near you stops very soon, you have my every sympathy as our dog is absolutely petrified!

Have looked out to see whether it is fireworks and can't see anything,it does sound more like gunshots but surely wherever it is then the neighbours would ring police,or you would like to think they would!Its no good me calling them as I can't locate where it is,it could be across the valley towards worrall as every loud noise echoes all around

I was told that if it’s farmers on private land there is nothing that can be done about it. Very frustrating!!

If might not be the same thing that you can hear, and 4am is far too early to be making any sort of noise!!

The 'Gunshot' we heard came from within 2 blocks of us, no fields/farms nearby... :huh:

Think this is gas guns you are hearing. It generally goes off every half hour in daylight.2 shots about 40 seconds apart set up to scare birds off grain now ripe. If you live near farmed land it's the price you pay for living in rural areas and only lasts a couple of weeks..

Think this is gas guns you are hearing. It generally goes off every half hour in daylight.2 shots about 40 seconds apart set up to scare birds off grain now ripe. If you live near farmed land it's the price you pay for living in rural areas and only lasts a couple of weeks..

If you'd read the op more closely you'd notice it was heard at 4am. :roll:

Anyone hear these loud bangs ,particular last night around 4am?

Been going on a few nights now,just one very large bang and then a few seconds later another one,absolutely sick of it,my dogs then start barking and won't shut up.

Its not fireworks is it. It was Eid celebrations.

Did read all the postings Hots on I would not post without doing so. It is often light at 4am in rural areas and if a gun has been set early it will go off.