Road Closures - Sheffield Grand Prix Cycle Race.

Something else to stop shoppers going to town. Trying to get round will be chaos

They won't be content untill they stop all comerce.

The shops close at 1700 anyway, so it's not going to have a large impact on shopping is it.

Great way of bringing people into Sheffield and a fantastic atmostphere. I took the young ones over the cobbles last weekend around the town hall when the Ride Sheffield was on.

They won't be content untill they stop all comerce.

Who's 'they'?

This event is running after most shops have closed, and brings a lot of people into the city in the evening, thereby increasing commerce.

Go and watch, it's a great, well promoted event.

---------- Post added 18-07-2018 at 09:25 ----------

Something else to stop shoppers going to town. Trying to get round will be chaos

I know, all those shoppers streaming into town at 5pm will be stymied.

Actually referring to people leaving the area early and doing shopping elsewhere so they aren't delayed with the closures which will affect store takings

Who's 'they'?

This event is running after most shops have closed, and brings a lot of people into the city in the evening, thereby increasing commerce.

Go and watch, it's a great, well promoted event.

---------- Post added 18-07-2018 at 09:25 ----------

I know, all those shoppers streaming into town at 5pm will be stymied.

Actually referring to people leaving the area early and doing shopping elsewhere so they aren't delayed with the closures which will affect store takings

Come on now, that is utterly desperate :hihi::hihi::rolleyes:

As per someone else's reply to the tramlines discussion - let it go to Leeds and then watch everyone moan about nothing happening in Sheffield

Have you ever been in a shop in the city centre at 1630 on a Wednesday?

The only people likely to suffer any inconvenience are commuters going home, and it's just 1 day, advertised in advance.

As per someone else's reply to the tramlines discussion - let it go to Leeds and then watch everyone moan about nothing happening in Sheffield

Agree. As long as folk know about the road closures in advance, no problem.

I'm just surprised SCC are on board with it. Remember they once turned down the chance of a Tour de Yorkshire stage in the city as it clashed with the snooker at The Crucible!

Agree. As long as folk know about the road closures in advance, no problem.

I'm just surprised SCC are on board with it. Remember they once turned down the chance of a Tour de Yorkshire stage in the city as it clashed with the snooker at The Crucible!

They turned it down because of the fees they would have had to pay to the Tour.