Talk talk, landline and other costs up, up, up!

Just got my bill from T/T, lots of steep price increases, including line rental going up, anytime calls boost is now 7.50, and to use my Blackberry I have to pay 2,50 for a 'blackberry' boost!

getting in touch with the loyalty team right now,

though I think price rises are across the industry

that's for mobile, mine is internet, landlines, etc.

I have just found out that now i am using a Blackberry I have to buy a special boost, afiacs, there is nothing on the main website about it, i contacted loyalty as i object to this cost on principle, stating i may leave my whole package(been with talk talk/tiscali, ten years). Response was appalling: bad line, ignorant and rude advisor, just kept repeating, "you have to buy a boost."

not good, t/T

From what I can tell, Blackberry boost is for using a TalkTalk SIM in your Blackberry, nothing to do with their Internet service.

Also according to TalkTalks FAQ "Unlike older BlackBerry's, the BlackBerry OS10 devices and future models don't require the BlackBerry Boost."

Their website is not responding right now so I cannot get more details but the above can be found from Google.

The £7.50 anytime call boost now includes all calls to UK mobiles as well as UK landlines.

I agree that prices have gone up considerably. I have just paid one years line rental up front, cost me £172.20. The same thing last year cost me £126 and the year before was £114.

Watch out with Talk Talk as the Take Over your Landline and then when you want to Switch to someone Else you have to pay BT to get it put back properly,i was shocked when i found that out

Just moved over to EE after problems with Plusnet.

Line rental paid up front £132 for year + £1.95 per month for weekend calls. So far its a better speed than Plusnet; now 3.7Mbs before 2.4Mbs and on a 12 month contract.

EE also have a buy-out feature so if you are still in contract they will pay up to £100 towards any cancellation fees.

The £7.50 anytime call boost now includes all calls to UK mobiles as well as UK landlines.

I agree that prices have gone up considerably. I have just paid one years line rental up front, cost me £172.20. The same thing last year cost me £126 and the year before was £114.

Wow, I have the mobile boost, they didn't tell me I didn't need to have that boost anymore as I have the anytime calls package, when did that happen?

I'm not using phone only net. Last year I told them this and tried to lower to broadband only.saving a fiver a month. Was told to do that id have to have the basic modem and my speed would be cut as I get just under 20 meg now. Won't let me just stay as I am and just remove phone. Did get a £2 a month discount but that's stopped now. Don't want there tv as that's what they usually offer me

Wow, I have the mobile boost, they didn't tell me I didn't need to have that boost anymore as I have the anytime calls package, when did that happen?

It happened on 1st December. You can see the changes to the boosts HERE.

Log into your account and check what boosts you have live at the moment. You should have had an email about the changes.

---------- Post added 28-12-2014 at 03:48 ----------

I'm not using phone only net. Last year I told them this and tried to lower to broadband only.saving a fiver a month. Was told to do that id have to have the basic modem and my speed would be cut as I get just under 20 meg now. Won't let me just stay as I am and just remove phone. Did get a £2 a month discount but that's stopped now. Don't want there tv as that's what they usually offer me

If you are out of contract call then and tell them you want to go on "Simply Broadband"

Its free for 12 months at the moment and they don't slow you down.

Check it out HERE.

I'm in contact on net with them at moment trying .

Hopefully this time I'll get the offer I want

having similar probs with talk talk. want to know whether that offer includes landline, broadband and talk anytime/anywhere in the uk? just seen that it only applies to new customers. are there any other decent deals out there? three is not an option as all i've ever had from them is trouble. thanks

Edited by andco